Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sannam80 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2015, 12:14 AM
    Birth control pill (I Pill) taken in tender coconut water.
    I am female, 30 year married female:
    Birth control pill (I Pill) taken in "Tender coconut water" immediately after having SEX. The pill is diluted in coconut water. Is it effective compared to direct oral taking? Or is it same?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 29, 2015, 12:46 AM
    Since this is so unusual, I can not find a direct reference to it. The issues of possible oils bonding to the chemical in the pill, and or some of the pill clinging to the sides of the glass.

My opinion, there is a chance that it would cause the pill to be less effective.

Please understand the pill is not 100 percent effective if taken as instructed.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 29, 2015, 05:42 AM
    I don't think it was designed to be diluted in water before ingestion, and best to use as instructed for maximum effectiveness. You can certainly ask your doctor or pharmacist.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 29, 2015, 06:52 AM
    I don't think it honestly matters. There is a lot in your stomach regardless so I wouldn't view this much differently then taking the pill and then drinking coconut water.

You should be fine in so much that the pill was taken properly. Whether it will be effective will be seen in the next little bit. The pill is a concentrated burst of hormones, so it might muck up your cycle. I would recommend talking to your doctor about other methods of birthcontrol if you're going to have unprotected sex regularly. It is hard on your system to take these pills often.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Red color pill reached but no period - Birth control Pill [ 11 Answers ]

Hi All, I am on Birth Control Pills (Lutera- 28 pack one) since past 4-5 months. My periods start when I reach the 4th week, i.e when the red color pills start. According to this, my red color pill dosage started yesterday (Sunday) but my periods did not. Am I worrying too much since its been...

Birth control pill [ 3 Answers ]

Hi.. I stopped taking birth control pill(Diane 35) last April 2013.. but till now I still don't have my menstrual period.. is that normal?am I pregnant?is there a possibility that I might get pregnant because I stopped taking my pill after 1 month?our last sexual intercourse was last week of...

Birth Control pill [ 12 Answers ]

So I am sixteen and I'm about to go on the pill soon. And I have a couple of questions. Does the pill make you gain weight? What are the side effects for taking the pill? Even if I'm on the pill can I still for preggies?

How this birth control pill can affect me? [ 1 Answers ]

I am diagnosed having an ovarian cyst last month, my ob gave me a birth control pill or contraceptive, because she said it is the cure for my cyst. This month, I came to ob, the cyst go smaller. That pill helped in my cyst, will it also prevent me from being pregnant? (I know it's a birth...

Birth control pill [ 1 Answers ]

Is it safe to take birth control pills for only few days to change you're cycle? I have done it before in the last 3 years only twice and it worked, is it safe though

View more questions Search