Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Todd Sucy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2015, 02:12 PM
    Reproductive biology:sterile fruit
    I'm curious about the mechanism that causes sterile plants to continue to produce fruit, even though they are genetically unable to produce seed. I understand that fruits such as the Cavendish Banana and Seedless Watermelon do not possess enough chromosomes to produce reproductive cells. What then triggers the plant to produce a sterile fruit?

Check out some similar questions!

Using fresh fruit instead of dried fruit in a recipe [ 2 Answers ]

I want to make some ranger cookies for my husband, but I don't know if I can use fresh fruit, or if I'll have to dry it myself. I know the fruit will have more moisture, but I'm not sure how much that will affect the recipe.

Is my boyfriend or me sterile? [ 3 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been trying to concive. So every time we have sex he doesn't pull out. This has happened mor than 20 times & I'm still not pregnant. Does this mean one of us is sterile?

Is he sterile? [ 3 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have ben sexually active for over 2 yrs now. We don't use protection, he just pulls out before he ejaculates. What are the chances I could get pregnant or is he sterile?

Tree with compound leaf and green fruit. Fruit is a drupe. The fruit as Rhamnus but l [ 1 Answers ]

A Tree with compound leaf and green fruit. Fruit is a drupe. The fruit as Rhamnus but leaf nut. I want its name.

Am I Sterile [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Hello. I'm very afraid that I will not be able to have kids. I'm young and I haven't seen an OBGYN for 2 years.Well I got the Depo shot once only about 3-4 years ago, ever since my period has been irregular and I never got that checked. I also had chlamedia(?) but got treated for it.. I...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.