Fry it, grill it, bake it in the oven.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 28, 2015, 01:10 AM
    We normally stir fry.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 28, 2015, 04:33 AM
    This is a little like asking how to drive a car. There's no need for us to write volumes, when people have done it already on countless cooking sites. Google 'chicken recipes.'

In cold weather I like a chicken roasted for 1 1/2 hours, and I put an apple and an onion in it, with some herbs.
    In warm weather I cut up boneless chicken with scissors right into a pan, and saute quickly in a little butter and some spices, then cover for just another 2 minutes.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 28, 2015, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    This is a little like asking how to drive a car. There's no need for us to write volumes, when people have done it already on countless cooking sites. Google 'chicken recipes.'

In cold weather I like a chicken roasted for 1 1/2 hours, and I put an apple and an onion in it, with some herbs.
    In warm weather I cut up boneless chicken with scissors right into a pan, and saute quickly in a little butter and some spices, then cover for just another 2 minutes.
    I put an apple in my chicken too. I tend not to use too much garlic though. I do appreciate the use of fresh herbs such as Rosemary, safe, thyme, savory.

My favourite is sautéing a chopped up red onion in butter and olive oil (using olive oil stops butter from burning) adding a skinless boneless chicken breast and cook turning until chicken picks up the carmalized Onion on both sides. I discard the onion. Lovely with fresh salsa !
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 28, 2015, 05:48 PM
    Cook it until it's no longer raw. Make sure the meat is cooked thoroughly. No red in the meat.

There are many ways to cook chicken, cut up and fried, bbq'd, breaded, you name it.

If you want specific answers, you have to be more specific. Your question is very vague.
    GorgeousGrandma Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

Jun 7, 2015, 10:04 PM
    I like to bake mine!sometimes I make drunk chicken mmmm so good :) bake chicken whatever type you like I prefer breast. Bake at 375 in a pan with a beer poored over the chicken for about 45 minutes and make sure you cover it with aluminum foil. So good! Juicy!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 8, 2015, 07:13 AM
    Drunk chicken reminds me of drunken fish, oily ones like bluefish. Baking them in booze such as gin or sake or tequila makes them delicate and flaky.
    Pets Expert

Jun 8, 2015, 05:17 PM
    GG (aka Gorgeous Grandma), have you ever tried the chicken propped on a beer can on the bbq? My friend does this, and swears it's the best chicken ever. I really want to try it, but I'm a bit afraid to do it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 8, 2015, 05:26 PM
    I've done the beer can chicken, but I prefer it in the oven. Place pads of butter between the skin and the meat, sprinkle with garlic and other seasonings. Pour a can of beer in the pan. Cook low and slow basting every 20 minutes or so. It's a frequently requested meal at my house with my specially seasoned green beans and garlic mashed potatoes.
    Pets Expert

Jun 8, 2015, 05:31 PM
    J9, you're going to have to send me a step by step recipe for this. I'm not actually a huge fan of chicken. I always find the meat too dry. I don't cook it often, but Rod loves it and when he's on days he cooks chicken a lot, and it's always dry!

I'd love a new recipe, because I don't actually hate the meat, it's just the dryness I dislike, and the lack of flavor. :(
    GorgeousGrandma Posts: 29, Reputation: 5

Jun 8, 2015, 05:37 PM
    Yes the beer can is good when you grill outdoors. I too prefer it in the oven, both ways are good.

Alty it's rather simple to keep it from drying really. All you need to do is make sure you either bake it in beer in which all you have to do is put the chicken in a glass baking pan pour a few cans of beer over the chicken. I like to use Tony's season after and cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 45mins on 350. Oh and use thick slice chicken breast.
    Pets Expert

Jun 8, 2015, 05:47 PM
    Thanks all. I'll try it. Maybe I'll learn to love chicken after all. :)
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 8, 2015, 06:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    GG (aka Gorgeous Grandma), have you ever tried the chicken propped on a beer can on the bbq? My friend does this, and swears it's the best chicken ever. I really want to try it, but I'm a bit afraid to do it.
    You can buy the prop up wire thingy to do this Alty. Try the dollar store. The chicken goes over the can of beer, soda, water, whatever props it up. Good for even or bbq
    logicfi Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2015, 03:02 AM
    The thighs and wings stream them with ginger and salt. The rest cut in small pieces and stir fry with strips of carrot, onion, ginger and sprout. Those pieces with big bones stew them with long beans. Enough for my 3 to 4 meals.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Chicken Stock vs. Chicken Broth? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, this is my first time asking of you Gentle Folks. I've recently found the advantage to using canned chicken broth to start my chicken soups and other dishes. However, what's the difference between "chicken stock" and "chicken broth"? It has come up because I have a couple of coupons for...

If a chicken eat pig meat than that chicken is halal or not [ 1 Answers ]

If a chicken eat pig meat than that chicken is halal or not

Chicken help [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to raise chickens and I'm having trouble keeping them alive, first it was the wildlife and now they are eating each other,help

How do I stop chicken pecking chicken [ 2 Answers ]

Help, rescued 6 featherless battery hens, they're recovering well, except one who is picked on, pecked and generally not refeathering- due to attack I think. Should she be isolated? For how long and at bedtime too?

3 Legged Chicken :) [ 4 Answers ]

A man was driving along a freeway when he noticed a chicken running alongside his car. He was amazed to see the chicken keeping up with him, as he was doing 50 mph. He accelerated to 60, and the chicken stayed right next to him. He sped up to 75 mph, and the chicken passed him. The man noticed that...

View more questions Search