Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mak Maj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2015, 12:00 PM
    How to keep old priority date for F3 case
    Hi. My father's brother is US citizen and he petition for my fathers immigration on family base immigration in 2001. So my father is beneficiary. Me, my sister and my mother's name were in petition/application/i-130 form so we are derivative. Now they are going to have an interview in US consulate and then hopefully they will land in US and then apply for green card.
    BUT
    The issue is that I got married in 2011. Now what I need to do. Getting F3 visa is very lengthy procedure. Can my father apply new petition for me with old priority date? Or advise something else. One of my relative said that I can still get green card in 2-3 years if even I am not eligible now. I don't know how it could be. Please advise...
    newacct Posts: 321, Reputation: 21

May 27, 2015, 02:10 PM
    No. In fact, your father can't even petition you in the near future. After your father becomes a permanent resident, he can't petition you because there is no category for married children of permanent residents. Only after your father becomes a citizen (which will take at least 5 years after he becomes a permanent resident, if he even choose to apply) will he be able to petition you as a married child of a citizen (F3 category). From then it will be about 12 years of wait.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Case Discharge Date Change? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in WA. I was convicted of (pled guilty to) a non-violent, non-drug-related felony in 1993. Part of that was restitution. I had difficulty paying it, partially because of the felony preventing me from working. In 2003, I received a phone call from what I thought was the county clerk,...

EB2 india approved before priority date [ 0 Answers ]

"Hello, My Eb2 india got approved 15 days before my priority date. what should i do? will it affect my citizenship when i apply after 5 years. Will USCIS know before that?"

I need to know date and case # of my filed bankruptcy [ 0 Answers ]

I filed chapter 7 in Michigan ,after my devorce in early 2000's... HOW do I find case # and Discharge date ? Thank you !

Court date in less than 2 weeks- case not assigned? [ 1 Answers ]

My court date for theft under 5000 and personation is set for a little less than 2 weeks from now. This whole ordeal occurred on February 8th, so the court date was assigned approximately 2 months after the fact. My lawyer has been calling the Crown attorney's office, and they keep telling him that...

F1 , Priority date 27 July 2008 [ 1 Answers ]

I have received a letter dated 30 September 2009 stating my I130 form is approved. My priority date is 27 July 2008 and I'm Family first (F1). How long more do I have to wait?

View more questions Search