Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jtblunt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2015, 10:23 AM
    Improve Our Locking System on Our Hidden Wall Shelf
    Hi,

We have a floating wall shelf with a hidden compartment inside to hold a handgun or rifle.

Right now we use magnetic keys to lock and open it.

As seen here -- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzo6Ypvh1Hg

We REALLY want to upgrade this system to a better mechanical type lock but I'm not sure how that would look and where it would go. Or maybe even a better version of biometric lock?

We're looking for input and ideas...

Jeremy
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 27, 2015, 06:35 PM
    You could always drill into the drop down door and install two drawer locks like on a desk drawer. The system seems pretty good as is, what is your concern?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 3, 2015, 08:26 AM
    These work well. ELECTRONIC BOLT LOCK ELECTRIC LOCKS ELECTRIC DEADBOLT ACCESS CONTROL Electric Bolt Lock Electronic Deadbolt
    I have Installed the one with the rollerball to know when closed. When closing door, bolt is retracted until ball is triggered, then bolt is thrown, Very Fast automatic, reliable, Have one on Very Large Iron Door on a Mansion for more than 5 years. Have a Pushbutton on the inside to release. Can also open by telephone. You can activate yours by prox, magnet, hidden pushbutton, most anything that can make a contact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hesitation about Fernco Neoprene Coupling hidden in wall... [ 6 Answers ]

Hello again, (you guys rock) I am converting my cast stack to pvc and am concerned about the transition point. I was hoping to use a PVC NO-Hub band 'donut' at the a particular cast hub but it doesn't look like that's possible. My question is: Are those couplings reliable enough to install...

Install shelf on plaster and lathe wall [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to install a 16 inch shelf on a plaster and lathe wall that would be strong enough to be used as a desk holding a computer(flatscreen) monitor and keyboard. The room is small so I need the space under the shelf open to accommodate the opening of a futon or small sofa bed. Thanks for...

Hidden dir and hidden index.that file [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I don't know if I have been hacked or not and even if this should be a concern. My laptop is running XP Pro SP3 I have always set all my files and folders not to be hidden. Please don't respond explaining how to unhide files and folder in windows explorer as I know how to do that. ...

Hidden Icons in System Tray [ 6 Answers ]

I am running XP Home SP3 and have an icon in the system tray I wish to hide. (It is the unplugged LAN icon which I never use.) The process I use is as follows: Right click on Start button > Properties > Taskbar Tab > Customize button. Under "Current Names": Select Local Area Network and...

View more questions Search