Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ZacR Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 26, 2015, 07:30 AM
    What should I do after I settled with the woman I impregnated although I'm married?
    I am a married man, but I impregnated a woman but my wife and my family still does not know about all this. The woman delivered our child. I settled the situation with the woman I impregnated that I will support the child according to my ability even though she demanded it but I'm doing this and the woman as far as I know is okay about this. Is there anything more I should do to make everything okay about this?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 26, 2015, 07:39 AM
    First, come clean to your wife. Because it is probable she will find out another way.

Second, this sentence doesn't make sense:
    I will support the child according to my ability even though she demanded it but I'm doing this and the woman as far as I know is okay about this.
    What did she demand and what is she OK with?

But I can tell you, that for your own protection, you should do this through the courts. ANYTHING you pay will be considered a gift to the child and NOT support. If she ever takes you to court because she feels you are not paying enough (a likely probability), the court is not likely to count what you pay as support and may require you to make back support payments.

At the very least, you need to make these payments by check or money order and keep copies forever.

It is unlikely that "everything will be OK about this". Unless you plan on being a father to the child it will never be OK. You showed irresponsibility in your actions that resulted in the child, know show responsibility in dealing with the child.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

May 26, 2015, 07:44 AM
    I suspect "ZacR" is not in the US. We need to know what country you are in before we can give you useful advice.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 26, 2015, 08:13 AM
    If this is America, get child visiation though the courts, and get the child support official though the courts, Not just giving her money, (that will come back to hurt you)

Then from moral reason, tell your wife. She will find out.
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

May 26, 2015, 10:13 AM
    First off, I would recommend telling your wife. Then get everything done through the court. The mother can file for support and you can file for visitation. If you don't want visitation you don't have to ask for it but again I would recommend it. If you are not in the U.S. we need to know where you are in general. Different places have different laws.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 26, 2015, 10:34 AM
    IP search indicates Philippines. While they have some odd Family law issues, I think the advice stands for there as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A married woman has an affair and gets pregnant by a married man. Married man agrees [ 2 Answers ]

A married woman has an affair and gets pregnant by a married man. Married man agrees to let woman's husband be the "father" believing it is in the best interest of the baby and all involved. Later, man finds out that husband bailed on baby and woman gets on drugs. Woman then gives baby up for...

Child support -married man with other married woman -rights given up -agreed by both [ 7 Answers ]

My husband's infidelities has caught up with him and he now has an infant from another married woman. He has legally given up his parental rights as agreed between both himself and the other woman. She has taken him for child support and the court date is within the next few weeks. Will he have to...

A married woman had an affair with another married man and got pregnant [ 28 Answers ]

If a person is married and she has an affair with a married man and she get pregnant and refuse to put the married man she had an affair with on child support can she take out an abondonment warrant out on him."

Can a woman get impregnated by sperm landing outside of her [ 2 Answers ]

I was taught that sperm not inserted inside woman dies automatically after being exposed to air recently I was told that it can still impregnate her what is right

I'm a married woman and he is my brother's friend... he is married too but not happy w [ 7 Answers ]

I'm a married woman and he is my brother's friend... he is married too but not happy with his marriage just like me.. and lately he add me on Facebook and ask for my email and since that we have been talked to each other almost daily... he doesn't says that he loves me but he give me a lot of signs...

View more questions Search