Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kittyshotub Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 25, 2015, 10:56 AM
    Cal Spa hot tub won't heat
    I have a 1992 Cal Spa PS-4-C hot tub that will not heat up. The indicator light comes on, the contact is coming in, the circulation pump is turning on and there is good flow through the jets.
    Dr_Spa Posts: 101, Reputation: 13

May 27, 2015, 06:53 AM
    Probably a bad heating element. Is the element getting voltage? What's the ohm reading through the element?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jun 9, 2015, 08:00 AM
    A Meter and an Amprobe will make short work of this. If You have voltage at Element, and No Current, It is Open. Sometimes the Element will deform and touch Housing and trip GFI. Measuring resistance with no power and one lead off should confirm it is open, Just more work/Time? Good Luck Really shouldn't need to disconnect a lead, it is just good Practice as Contacts can be fused.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My cal spa hot tub says OH and Sn [ 0 Answers ]

My cal spa hot tub says OH and Sn... do I need to replace just the heat sensor or high limit sensor? Or both? When I reset the hot tub I heard the high limit sensor clicking then it just shut itself down.

Cal Spa PS-2 heat won't shut off [ 0 Answers ]

Suddenly my tub is getting too hot and adjusting the thermostat won't shut down the heater and switching to the timer function worked for a day then that quit shuting down the heat. What's up?

1998 cal spa hot tub won't heat up [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1998 cal spa hot tub that won't heat up past 70 degrees. I took some advice on this site and have cleaned the filter and surrounding area and have checked for the heating element and for a switch- and found nothing (and I am not that savvy). To complicate matters, when I switched off the...

Is there a way to test the heating element on a cal spa model PS-5-B hot tub [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way to test the heating element on a 1995 Cal Spa model# PS-5-B? I talked to someone at Spa Parts Warehouse (recommended by tech support at Cal Spas as that they don't support the older models) he said it is a 4.5 KW flow through heater element. I'm not sure if I need just the...

Cal-spa hot tub not heating [ 1 Answers ]

I also have a 1999 Cal Spa, and I had drained for the winter, and refilled recently. Everything was working when I drained it. I refilled the tub this spring, and pumps, etc work, but it does not demand heat even when the tub is at 77 degrees. I replaced the heater (not the first time I had to do...

View more questions Search