Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kezzy5 Posts: 212, Reputation: 4

May 25, 2015, 02:28 AM
    In a new relationship?
    We been together for a few weeks and was talking for a while before, the problem is he doesn't like my hectic schedule ( school, work, and dealing with my mental health) he doesn't think I meet him meet him enough, before we were going out I met him everyday, 2nd week 3-4 times and okay the second we were only seen each other twice but I felt ill and I find it difficult to see people as well.

Then I was due to meet him yesterday but mum came up and she was normal and that doesn't happen very often, all I want is mum time and even though it was for a little bit yesterday I still got it, but he didn't like the fact I put him to the side and everything else.

He can't stand my parents past and still to be the present. And when we have a family problem we all come together to deal with it, we are a tight family unit.

As He is lovely, kind nice to me, calls me his princess and will treat me loads (not that I care about that)
    But can be pushy, demanding and very opinionated.

I don't know to think or feel as I have mixed emotions due to the mental health but I don't think I feel the same as before?
    What shall I do? Am in the wrong?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 25, 2015, 02:32 AM
    If he is being that judgemental at this stage than you are better off without him..

May 25, 2015, 02:39 AM
    Okay I didn't know if that's normal for a lad or if this is what to expect?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 25, 2015, 03:21 AM
    If he truly cares for you knowing how you feel about your family, he would not complain about cancelling out with him to be with your mom.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 25, 2015, 04:25 AM
    How old is this guy? I know you like them older. How did you meet him? I find it deceptive to be honest through all your other posts you never once even mentioned dating, now all of a sudden you are in a new relationship!

I mean you barely have a good healthy relationship with yourself, and now you throw a stranger in the mix?

Come clean with the whole story Kezzy, or this is but another example of your impulsive, misguided actions that are not very well thought out. Small wonder you are already conflicted and confused by yet another thrown together situation.

How old is this guy? I know you like them older. How did you meet him?

May 25, 2015, 04:35 AM
    Met him through Facebook, and he is 21. And sorry I didn't realise I do that. And everything I have posted is the truth? And that is the story what I said there is what is the truth and what has happened?
    Expert

May 25, 2015, 04:51 AM
    I don't doubt your honesty, just the way you selectively leave out important facts. And you think it's okay for 16 year old troubled teen to jump into a relationship with a 21 year old she has meet on Facebook??

Well I DON'T! I find it both impulsive, and irresponsible, and totally desperate, and highly inappropriate! I bet your parents or guardians know nothing of this, and maybe that's your problem in the first place, a total lack of discipline and supervision.

May 25, 2015, 05:01 AM
    My family do know about this, and have met him, he is an accountant. And it's not desperate as we been speaking for 5 months. But since been going out its all sort of changed?
    Expert

May 25, 2015, 05:35 AM
    Tell me who he has met and who approves of this? You have no friends, or social life, with those your own age but you have a grown man you found on Facebook (No doubt you talked to more than just him)??

Maybe something is lost in our cultural understanding but sweet words and attention you don't normally get does not make for a healthy relationship and seems more a quick fix feel good, and a distraction from a hectic, CONFUSED life you have made for yourself.

I don't think a 16 year old, who talks to grown men on Facebook is a healthy thing at all. Of course the direction of this whatever you are doing with this grown man has changed because he is asserting his own will over you (He is grooming your young arse!). That's what grown men do with very young confused females. This is only the beginning.

May 25, 2015, 05:45 AM
    My gran parents, auntie and uncle and my mates which I do just don't hang with them that much, my work. It's not illegal when your 16? And it's committed over fb.

And your understanding of me talking to other guys is not true, just him at this moment and time.
    Not sure?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 25, 2015, 05:54 AM
    Considering you physical and mental health, he is not a good match for you. You need someone who is supportive. He is not at all supportive of your health or your family It sounds as though he is manipulative and could become emotionally abusive. You don't need that in your life.

Right now you don't need a man. You need to get yourself physically and mentally healthy before you enter into any relationship. Dump him.

May 25, 2015, 06:15 AM
    Okay I'm going to end it. I have a better understanding that it's his character and not me as such.
    Expert

May 25, 2015, 06:16 AM
    I meant you have always entertained talking, and meeting older guys through the social network, and now you have found one. You say he has met your mom and dad who are hardly there? Did they question you as I have? Do they know of the older guys you have courted over the net before, or is this the same guy as before?

And I don't care what you or anyone else says there is no such thing as a commitment over Facebook! It's an unhealthy distraction built on less than accurate information and false expectations and perceptions.

A poor substitute for face to face interactions. So tell me the real truth here Kezzy, have you met in person? Has he met your family in person? See how you hide behind half truths, and less than straight information?

Time to get real with us, and more importantly....yourself!!!!
    I never did buy that troubled naïve, distressed young female act you have been selling here in the first place so cut it out! Hate to be harsh but if I didn't care I wouldn't say anything.

So tell me the real truth here Kezzy, have you met in person? Has he met your family in person?

May 25, 2015, 06:31 AM
    Yes I have meet in person and I have even slept over his house ( did nothing) and everything I have said is all true in all of my questions? And I don't live with my parents I live with my grandparents and yes they have meet him 2-3 times! And this is not the same guy as the other he is younger! I am being real with you I don't know why you wouldn't think I'm not why eould I lie about it all, as what's the point in that. I'm sorry I'm truly bit messed up, which I am working on with my college, counslors, speak out group, cahms and will be seeing someone else shortly too, my doctors etc. And my family have not question me due to that fact I'm nearly 17 in a few weeks. And I didn't just met the last guy over the network it was through fire cadets.

Im telling the truth through out!
    Expert

May 25, 2015, 06:44 AM
    Okay, thank you.

May 25, 2015, 06:53 AM
    this act is true it's me and it is what I think and gone through?

Time to get real with us, and more importantly....yourself!!!!
    I never did buy that troubled naïve, distressed young female act you have been selling here in the first place so cut it out! Hate to be harsh but if I didn't care I wouldn't say anything.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 25, 2015, 06:55 AM
    I would honestly wait a while before you dated. I don't honestly think you're in the right mental and physical state to be in a relationship. You need to work on yourself right now and if you add another person into the mix while you're rebuilding yourself then you're going to muddle your growth with his demands. This will lead you to tailoring yourself into the person he wants you to be rather then the person who you are. This will lead to horrible dissatifaction on his part and a sense of unknown loss on your part. It will lead to tears and heartache with both of you.

At this point you need to become more comfortable in your skin and in your mind. You're neither.

As well, there is the possibility of statutory rape charges. Your parents, and his family might approve but it takes a concerned citizen to come and make a complaint and he's locked up.

You need to think things through better. It is nice to get caught up in the flutter and excitement but you need to keep your rational mind here and active. When you don't, things go awry.

Good luck.

May 25, 2015, 07:05 AM
    That's true and makes sense. Thanks and I think I do need to work on myself first, didn't thibk being a relationship can do that.
    Expert

May 25, 2015, 07:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezzy5 View Post
    That's true and makes sense. Thanks and I think I do need to work on myself first, didn't thibk being a relationship can do that.
    Honey, you can't be in a relationship unless you are healthy both mentally and physically. You will never have a healthy relationship until YOU are healthy.

Right now you need to concentrate on getting yourself better. Adding anyone else into the mix will set you back. YOU are your #1 priority
    Expert

May 25, 2015, 07:56 AM
    I also want to know why a 21 year old man wants anything to do with a 16 year old child. I'm sorry, Kezzy, but that's just sick. The two of you have NOTHING in common. You are in different stages of life.

While le you say nothing sexual has happened, I doubt that. You haven't been completely truthful with us and you tend to evade our responses with a simple "okay, thank you."

21 year old men have nothing in common with 16 year old children except for the fact that he knows he can convince you to spread your legs for him. This man is a pervert plain and simple.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How does a relationship with a person I support differ to relationship with a friend? [ 2 Answers ]

How does my relationship with the person I support differ to relationship with a friend?

Do I end my bad relationship and wait for my ex girlfriend and see how her relationship goes? [ 26 Answers ]

Well I and my now ex girlfriend were in a long distance relationship, and she had told me a little after we were dating she was a cheater. But I didn't give much thought about it. A little while later she tells me she cheated on me and had sex with a guy. Even though she did hurt me, I still wanted...

What is the difference between a working relationship and a personal relationship? [ 2 Answers ]

What is th difference between a working relationship and a personal relationship?

Non sexual relationship dating and relationship manipulation [ 15 Answers ]

I am in a relationship with a guy that I believe to be a really good guy, he is 16 yrs my senior( I'm 23). He has been married once and has 3 kids from that marriage, he says he has never been in a non-sexual relationship and neither have I ,but I am starting to become more active in my church and...

After a 4 year relationship I got tired of my relationship and broke up! What to do? [ 2 Answers ]

I’m a gay guy (36 yo) and I dated for 4 years this BI guy(40 yo), at the beginning it was a bit hard for me, I’m very comfortable with being gay! Came out 8 years ago, any way, at the beginning of the relationship I had to pretend in front of his friends that we were just friends, some times after...

View more questions Search