Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Boris321 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2015, 07:20 AM
    I need a backstory
    Could anybody write a history of a land, about how that land once lived happily, until something happen which caused it to split up into two different societies; one evil and one good. The reasons they did and maybe a war that took place. Set in a place and time similar to Middle Earth this would be such a help. Thank you in advance.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 24, 2015, 07:27 AM
    The Lord of the Rings Trilogy: Extended Edition on Blu-ray June 28th
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

May 24, 2015, 07:37 AM
    Short answer: No.

Long answer: If this is for a class or even a personal project we cannot do your work for you.

We will be happy to brainstorm with you if you post your thoughts and ideas. We will also critique and help edit your work. But it has to be your work, not ours.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 24, 2015, 07:41 AM
    Yes, anybody could. Anybody won't. Or if they do, it will be for themselves. You get the Someone Do It For Me award for the decade.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 24, 2015, 07:54 AM
    I used to write stuff like this on my own all the time when I was a kid (I was a dork). It's not that hard, use your imagination and write it down. But to be honest....we're all volunteers here. Even IF this isn't for school, nobody is going to want to take a few hours out of their day to create this world for you so that you don't have to be bothered to do it yourself.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 25, 2015, 07:17 AM
    There are common gross story lines for this. A lot can be found in fiction, a lot in roleplaying modules, a lot in movies, and a lot in history. The problem with what you're asking is that you're looking for a world build. This is hard because of a lot of subtleties that come in that. I could sit down and write 30+ pages of back story and world building for this question. I won't. But here is the steps that will help.

Ask yourself these questions and use them as a guide:
    1). What races are there? Dwarf? Elf? Orc? Halfling? Demon? Angel? Teifling? Owlbear? Which of 'good' or 'evil'?
    2). What does the world look like? Continents? Islands? Oceans? Seas? Deserts? Tropics? Arctics? Temperate?
    3). What are kingdoms are there?
    - What are their governments?
    - currency?
    - politics?
    - language?
    - Technology level? (Wandering nomads? Victorian era? Romanesque? High medieval? Dark Ages?)
    - history? (war like? Peaceful? Military? Scientific?)
    - What is their diplomacy like? Sword and shield? Statesmen?
    - Trade
    - Agriculture? Food supply?
    - Slavery? Indentured servitude? Class/Caste system?
    3). What is the general religion/faith like? Polytheism? Monotheism? Atheism?
    - Holy wars?
    - Deity actions on earth? (See cataclysm in DragonLance novels)
    4). Natural disasters? Not like a yearly flood but a event that caused a fundamental shift in your world, like a Atlantis sinking or some such.

There is a lot of work and thought that goes into this process, and no one is going to give their world to you.

I will give you a seed though:
    The king is dead and didn't name which of his twin sons will have the throne. The Kingdom falls into civil war, divided under the banner of <EVIL TWIN> and <GOOD TWIN>.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 25, 2015, 07:21 AM
    How much are you willing to pay me to do your work?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search