Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lil-star77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2015, 02:12 PM
    Bad hair dying mistake
    Ok... So, I have dyed my hair black for about 3-4 months, but as my natural hair colour started growing in ( natural hair colour is a medium to light brown ) I wanted to dye my hair a medium ash blonde, so I bleached my hair first to rid of the stubborn black dye, my results were yellowish roots ( about an inch and a half of roots) and the rest turned red/orange... I figured the hair dye "natural medium ash blonde would tone the red/orange and it would turn out OK, nope, I was wrong, now I have ashy/green roots and the rest is a redish/orangish colour, I don't want to go back black and I don't want to bleach my hair again, please, what hair dye should I use to assure I don't colour my roots any greener but covers the red/orangey colour... Will a light ash brown do it? Or should I use a medium to dark brown... Please help...
    Kezzy5 Posts: 212, Reputation: 4

May 23, 2015, 03:31 PM
    I assume something with a red tint in it, as it helps?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

After dying my hair light ash blonde I have been left with a tinge of blue in my hair [ 3 Answers ]

I dyed my hair light ash blonde but it now has a tinge of blue!! Help what do I do to get it right? My natural colour is mousey brown so either I want to go back to that or be a light blonde xx

Is Dying light Blonde hair to dark brown a bad idea? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi all, I am thinking of semi-permanently dyeing my light blonde hair to dark brown. I love my hair but I simply feel like a change. However I am worried that if I do dye it it will never go the same colour again? Will I constantly have to get my hair dyed? Or should it grow back the same colour? I...

I had natural mousey blonde hair, tried dying my hair red, but turned purple? [ 0 Answers ]

I actually really love the electric purple my hair has gone, but just wondered why it didn't go the red that I wanted?? I have put 2 of the same hair dyes in, the first one went pink, so went for the same colour thinking it would just go darker to the red that I wanted, but went purple?!

Hair dying gone bad! [ 24 Answers ]

I HAVE A HAIR CRISIS! I've never died my hair before just highlights well anyway... first off I was looking to dye my hair a light brown... im a natural dirty blonde... so a few weeks ago I went in and my stylist suggested I didn't take out all my blonde so it wasn't such a big shock... so I got...

Bad hair dying [ 1 Answers ]

This is the worst! I dyed my hair a warmer blonde and I already am a blonde so I thought nothing bad would happen, I was wrong. My hair turned gray and purple. The even worse thing a about it is that it is permanent and I am leaving in two days for a very important meeting and I can't show up with...

View more questions Search