Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    salolly Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2015, 02:05 AM
    How to remove pop-up ads from Google Chrome?
    I do a lot of school work online, and I use multiple pages to do my work. 9 times out of 10, I can see pop-up ads on the blank space of every web page I visit. It takes me long time to load a web page. And sometimes, it pops up ads when I move the mouse over some highlighted words. I tried many virus scans but could not detect anything. I don't know what's wrong with my computer. What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 22, 2015, 02:18 AM
    Install and run Malware Bytes.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 22, 2015, 06:55 AM
    My new computer with WIN8 got infected immediately, and nothing worked, so I had to reinstall Win8. It isn't hard. There is malware out there that prevents any software from deleting it once it's on there.
    Then I downloaded ABP. (They will ask for donations but don't - they get millions from places like Google.)
    itxitpro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 28, 2015, 03:14 AM
    To fix this problem first you need to clean your Browser history you can use CCleaner for this. After that You have to install a Adblock addon in Yours browsers. It will block all popups and resolve your problem.
    zonera Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2015, 01:01 AM
    You can easily resolve this problem. If you using chrome then go to its settings and then go to advanced settings.Now under "Privacy" click the content settings button and then Under "Pop-ups", click manage exceptions.Now from here you can block or allow popups in chrome.
    If you still have issue then use a good antivirus which prevents your system from malware.Or try a good ranking ADD Blocker extension.
    cmeeks Posts: 754, Reputation: 64

May 29, 2015, 04:22 AM
    These ads are not popups the content is embedded in the page. Fire fox and chrome have add blocking extensions that will block most of this. I have no knowledge about IE because I do not use it.

May 31, 2015, 06:47 PM
    Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late update! I don't want to reinstall my Windows, as I need to install many programs. So I googled a lot about my problem and tried many removal instructions, it seems that after I tried How to Remove/ Get Rid of Stamplive.com Pop-up | RemoveVirusPro.com and my pop-ups are gone. I will be extremely careful in the future. Thanks again!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jun 1, 2015, 02:31 AM
    Thanks for your reply and sorry for my late update! I don't want to reinstall my Windows, as I need to install many programs. So I googled a lot about my problem and tried many removal instructions, it seems that after I tried How to Remove/ Get Rid of Stamplive.com Pop-up | RemoveVirusPro.com and my pop-ups are gone. I will be extremely careful in the future. Thanks again!
    The software that the webiste asks you to use is Spyhunter - it has been classified as malware itself by many reputable sites, I would recommend that people DO NOT use it on their PCs.

Jun 2, 2015, 07:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    The software that the webiste asks you to use is Spyhunter - it has been classified as malware itself by many reputable sites, I would recommend that people DO NOT use it on their PCs.

Some people even say Google is malware... stay safe anyway
    Asher ross Posts: 15, Reputation: 3

Sep 29, 2015, 01:12 AM
    Hi,
    You can check this detail information on Google webmaster blog to remove pop ups from browser. https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95472?hl=en-GB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Google chrome [ 2 Answers ]

In my PC I have recently installed Google chrome but not incidentally it has stppoed working also my PC says we have internet access ,and also internet explorer says computer is connected but chrome denies it what should I do

Google chrome, [ 2 Answers ]

Does Google chrome have a shortcut feature to add something to the desktop, I can't seem to be able to drag and drop in my window

Google Chrome [ 2 Answers ]

On Google chrome, whenever I bookmark a website it is bookmarked until I turn the computer off. When I turn it back on all of the websites that were bookmarked are gone.

What is a binary... this comes up when I try to dl Google chrome? [ 0 Answers ]

This is my daughters computer.. because mine won't let me get to any help or anything.. when I put in anything it just takes me to a page with a bunch of ads.I wanted to dl Google chrome but it wouldn't let me.. well.. it did dl it but couldn't install it because it went to a binary and I couldn't...

View more questions Search