Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Educationrocks Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2015, 07:01 PM
    Should I skip two grades? PLEASE! HEEEELP!
    I'm a 13 year old girl and I was recently tested to see if I could get a scholarship into an international school. I passed the test with quite high scores then to find out that it was 10th grade math and 10th grade reading. (I am currently finishing 8th grade.) I've always wanted to finish high school ASAP so that I could finish college sooner (Law school) and explore more. I have already found a college to enroll into etc. I am just not sure if I should skip 2 grades. Ever since was little I was pretty much an A or A+ plus student. The lowest I've ever gotten is a B.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 21, 2015, 07:12 PM
    Very few schools would allow it... and even the few that do... you would have to pass all the tests required for BOTH of the grades you would be jumping. Highly unlikely since you have not taken that material yet. So its not a choice you even have, much less get to make.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 21, 2015, 08:59 PM
    First it is not really your choice, but your parents.

Next be ready to bet B's and maybe even Cs some if you jump grades, So will you go insane, try to do suicide if you get a B ? Some students really do, we have that at GA Tech.

First is that what the school is saying? Many schools test you, but do not really move you. Has the school actually offered advanced placement. Also how was scores in other classes, math, science and so on, are they two years ahead.

Next, I will discuss maturity, 10th graders start or are dating, they may start having more serious boyfriends, and they have had more time, developing social interaction skills.

My son skiped two grades, One at a time over grade school. He is now in 10th grade and just turned 14. He is no way able to cope with 16 and 17 year olds on their level.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 22, 2015, 07:03 AM
    At the moment there are 2 11 year olds in the US who are about to go to college or who are in college. One already has at least one degree.
    If you can handle it, go for it.
    I was offered to skip 6th grade but refused because I was already the youngest in the class. Turns out 6th grade was excruciatingly boring, but oh well. I wasn't really precocious.
    But skipping 9th is a much bigger deal academically.
    How does testing at 10th grade level get you to skip 10th grade anyway? Is that what you were told, that you are PAST 10th? And what about all the other subjects?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I failed two grades how do I skip to my right grade [ 3 Answers ]

I stayed in 5th grade two times and now I'm going to the 7th grade when I'm pose to go to 8th grade and I want to take a test to be in the right grade level

Were can I go to get tested to skip grades ? [ 0 Answers ]

I am 14 in 6th grade I need to know if I can skip the grade ?

What do your grades to be to take a test to skip a grade? [ 3 Answers ]

I am in 7th grade but I'm supposed to be in 8th grade this school year what do my grades have to be to take a test at the board of education/

I failed two grades how do I skip to my right grade [ 3 Answers ]

I have failed two grades and I'm 15 in the 8th grade where do I go to try to skip up to my right grade ?

Read this I need heeeelp. BIG TIME [ 11 Answers ]

Ok here I go, Me and my Bf have been going out 13 months on and off, he lives in england and I live in ireland! So lets start JULY 23 2007 Ollie asked me to go out with him everything was great until he cheated on me in september- nov. but I cheated on him to, :(.. he dumped me then in...

View more questions Search