Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kergunn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2015, 03:22 PM
    Under sink water mains plastic valve broke off
    Hi we turned off the water mains to for a new washing machine and himself managed to snap it off. I turned it the rest of the way with a plyers. Now the washing machine is in I'm worried I can't get the water back on. Have turned it with players again but it's skward to reach and impossible to tell if any things turning! Any advice? Thanks
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

May 21, 2015, 06:15 PM
    Not sure I understand what broke off. Is it the handle ? Can you post a photo of it ?

Back to you

Milo
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

May 26, 2015, 08:25 AM
    Simple fix. Simply purchase a new angle stop and unscrew the big nut and pull the stem and washer assembly clear. Now, shut the water off at the house at the water shut-off and replace the old stem and washer assembly with a new one. Turn the water back on to the house and test . Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plastic push pull bathroom sink shut off valve [ 2 Answers ]

My bathroom sink has push/pull pvc type shutoff valves with the hoses factory crimped on. The hoses are leaking at the crimp. Can the hoses be cut and replace the crimps with hose clamps or do I need to replace the calve. If the valve has to be replaced, Is it threaded or glued on? It is so close...

Handle broke off on shut-off valve under sink [ 5 Answers ]

Tried to turn off valve and handle (made of plastic) broke off. The thing that the handle turns is surrounded by a large nut, which I guess I could take off. I'm wondering if one can replace the handle, or whether it will be necessary to replace the whole valve. Looks like the valve goes on to...

New Kitchen sink leaks at plastic valve [ 15 Answers ]

We installed a new kitchen sink and replaced all the PVC pipe with new and also had to put in new plastic water line from the on/off valve to the new faucet. For the first couple of days it did not leak at the valve but now I it is leaking at both valves. The plastic water line has a triangle ball...

Plastic water line leak near water connector at sink [ 4 Answers ]

How can I fix a leak in blue plastic tubing that goes to ice maker? The leak is under the sink and tubing goes under the house to fridge on other side of room.

View more questions Search