Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gibo7360 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2015, 11:39 AM
    H1B visa and working in USA
    I am on H1B visa and working in USA. I want to buy house in India. Can I get loan in USA?
    Else Can I get personal loan?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 20, 2015, 11:45 AM
    Unlikely. Financial institutions here want collateral to secure the loan if you fail to pay (as in foreclose), something not possible if its in a foreign country.

My wife turned down MANY loan requests for that same thing for those exact reasons. And its unlikely they will give you that much in an unsecured Personal loan with no credit history or ties here beyond that temporary H1B status.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 20, 2015, 06:42 PM
    Doubt you can get a mortgage. They don't want property in India if a foreclosure has to go through. Personal loans are very expensive, particularly without collateral, and interest is not deductible on US returns. You might do better looking at Indian banks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Usa visa for spouse of indian working in usa [ 0 Answers ]

Dear, How to get visa for a BE girl who is going to marry an indian working in usa having Hib visa. Pl help and do the needful. Regards Sridhar

Spouse f2 visa travel to usa while husband change of status from f1 to H1B visa? [ 1 Answers ]

I was on F1 Visa and my wife holds valid F2 dependent visa. But now my status changed from F1 to H1B. My question is, Can my wife who is currently in India travel on her valid F2 dependent visa or she is required to get the H4 visa to travel back to USA.

H1B Visa for USA, Interview in Canada [ 6 Answers ]

My question is how long does the process takes to get the Visa stamp. I have already been approved for the non-capped H1B Visa (I work for a university, state job, so limit does not apply). On the Montreal US consulate, it says approx 45 Days. I called and he said it may even take up to 6 months. I...

Forms for Tax Refund for H1B visa Holder in the USA [ 1 Answers ]

I have been a H1B visa holder since Sept 2005, I received a refund using an international company last year but didn't receive my refund until over 6 months later. I would like to file for myself but am unsure what forms to use. The folks in H+R Block had no idea what would be different with my...

View more questions Search