Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Browneyes8019 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2015, 09:49 AM
    Could I be pregnant?
    Last period I had was march 30, it is now may 19 the no period. On may 14 I went yo use the bathroom I wiped and there was bright blood on the toilet paper I used the bathroom a little bit later and it was clean . The next day may 15 I used the bathroom again this time when I wiped it was dark brown snotty looking I went to the bathroom again later again it was clean. I have had cramps, dizzy spells, and been pretty tired. My routine hasn't changed much my boobs feel sore and tingly on and off. I took a pregnancy test in the evening negative. My hubby had a vasectamy over 8 years ago. I will wait till the start of June before I take another test. I was curious anyone have this happen I've never had the blood and than the brown snotty stuff like this. Any serious feedback would be great. Thanks
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 20, 2015, 10:04 AM
    I got some silly feedback if you want?

Are your period regular? Do you have have diseases/conditions that could cause delayed periods (diabetus, PCOS, thyroid defect, etc) How old are you? Have you had partners who weren't sterile? (it isn't an afront to your honour, your vows, or what not, it is just a question.) Has there been any significant stressful life events that have happened?

It is weird that your periods are so far apart. It could be something as simple as odd periods or just a slight hormone unbalance. To little to know at this point.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 20, 2015, 01:17 PM
    ...and next time you take a pregnancy test, follow the directions more closely as it will give you more accurate results.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 21, 2015, 12:38 AM
    Brown blood normally indicates old blood in your system. It's your body cleaning itself.

How old are you? If hubby had a vasectomy, which normally isn't done on young men, I'm guessing you're in your 40's or 50's? That info is important.

More info is needed before we can offer an educated guess. For instance, your age, why your periods are so far apart before you're concerned. Was hubby tested after the vasectomy to make sure it worked? If so, have you had other partners that would make you think pregnancy is possible? So many answers needed before we can give our answers.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 21, 2015, 03:06 AM
    Yes, it could be due to pregnancy. Even though vasectomies are considered permanent, pregnancy on occasion does happen. You've only missed one period, which can happen for a number of reasons, so see what happens when your period would be due for this month. If no normal bleeding again, a visit to your doctor would be wise to see if a reason can be determined. They will check for pregnancy no matter how unlikely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

4th pregnant chance with previous history of blood clot during pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is safe to have a 4th pregnancy with a history of blood clot in my 2nd pregnancy at 30 week? Should I see a gyne?

I got my period this month, but I'm feeling pregnant. Ive been pregnant twice. [ 0 Answers ]

I been feeling sick for a week. I got my period 2 weeks early. I been tired, cranky, irritated, fustrated, and uncomfortable. I been pregnant 2x. I threw up today. And I been having hot flashes and a few cramps. As well as craving ice (a first) considering I hate cold things on my teeth. I took a...

Could I be pregnant even after negative pregnant test when nuvaring taken out early? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question to ask: So here's the history.I had a period and went to the OBGYN so that I could start Birth control. I started the Nuvaring in on September 1st, which was the last day of my period, I had gotten it Aug 28. I had sex and used a condom on the 1st. But then I didn't wait the 7...

View more questions Search