Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    josiehitchcock Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 20, 2015, 07:31 AM
    Skunk stink inside house, not outside - no visible entry
    My house keeps getting a pervasive stink of skunk & I cannot locate its origin. I've checked the crawl space & around the perimeter of the house with no clues. Smell seems worse near boiler "room" but no sign of anything live in there, or near the airvent (smells fine outside vent).. Help! Its suffocating!
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 20, 2015, 08:01 AM
    Are you sure it's "Skunk" and not sewer gas?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 20, 2015, 08:47 AM
    I agree, it may be the sewer gas. Or how about natural gas, ( what type of boiler do you have?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 20, 2015, 01:23 PM
    Some propane or natural gas will have an odor added that may smell like skunk. I think you should have someone from your gas company come out and check before you find a leak the hard way.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

May 20, 2015, 02:30 PM
    Another source of odors can be the insulation starting to melt if you have a short. See if you can cut power to that "room" to determine if the smell decreases.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What would cause a skunk smell in the house [ 3 Answers ]

When entering the house we smell a skunk odor. It is not too strong but there none the less. We think it is coming from the basement. We have an open sump pump but we are not able to find the cause of the odor. Please help.

How can I get ride of the dead skunk odor under my house [ 2 Answers ]

I live in a pier and beam house. About 2 months ago, a skunk crawled under the house and died. Unfortunately, he chose a very small area where we cannot reach by crawling under the house, so there's no way we can reach him. We have checked all of the ventilation areas and they are intact. ...

View more questions Search