Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Adam Bishop Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2015, 01:01 PM
    Potty training twins
    I have twin 3 year old boys. They are not yet fully potty trained. I can get them to go when bribed with a treat or occasionally they'll say they have to go, but not often. Any tricks,tips or help would be greatly appreciated!
    spicywings Posts: 85, Reputation: 9

May 17, 2015, 01:50 PM
    I have twin girls. I hear its quite different with boys and more delayed at times.

I ended up buying them one of those potty seats that sings every time water hits it :) Worked well for twin 1. I kid you not, she was using the potty at 9 months, out of diapers at 1 year.

Twin 2... was delayed... a lot of it had to do with temperament I believe. To this day, twin 1 is VERY on top of things and more hyper/reactionary. Twin 2... takes her sweeeeettttt time with whatever :)... very laid back.

With twin 2, I started doing these things (in no particular order).

Around 2 years old, I would ensure she pottied before bed. Then around 12ish, I would wake her up, force her to WALK to the bathroom and sit there until she peed (took a few times to figure out the right time to wake her up honestly) and she was good for the rest of the night.

Twin 2 is a HEAVY Sleeper... She would tinkle and be in warm, liquid heaven as she slumbered. The other one (more type A personality), would have QUICKLY gotten up and would be ANGRY about the wetness (around 1 years old).

I did buy training underwear (uncomfortable plastic panties if you will)... but stopped her from wearing diapers pretty early (before she was 2 years old).

Honestly, it took about a 1-2 years of this (with NO accidents, I mean) for her to get it and train herself to realize... HEY, I have a full bladder. Let me get my butt up and go to the bathroom.

Good luck! I know it's tough.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

May 17, 2015, 07:25 PM
    I have two sons. Allowing them to pick out their own underwear (they chose superheroes) worked well. They didn't want to go potty on them. It wasn't always easy, but I dragged a toilet seat around with me when we were out of the house shopping, etc. I also had a treasure box they could choose a little prize from and a chart with stickers. Hang in there! I have some Kindergarteners each year who still struggle with accidents.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to go from outside training to potty pad training for our puppy? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a two month old shih zui puppy and she is very well trained in using the bathroom outdoors. In this cold weather I find that she shivers a lot while outside and I always make sure she has a coat/sweater on. How can I get her to at least during the colder months or during rainy days to use...

Potty Training [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have an 18 month old who is not talking yet. Have anyone potty trained their child before they started talking? I have 2 older children. My son will be 10 soon and my daughter will be 8 soon. My son talked early and so I know he was potty trained while talking. My daughter also started...

Potty training [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I need some help regarding the potty training of my german shepherd 9 weeks old. As long as he is in his crate he behaves but last night I let him loose in the house for the first time and he did both pee and poo. Kindly help me how to train him outside the crate so that I can keep...

How To Potty Train 2 year old Twins? [ 8 Answers ]

I have Been Trying to Potty Train my 24 months Twin Daughters For about 3 monnths now. I have Went Through Potty Training Before With My Oldest Daughter and She Was The Same Age as Her Sisters When She Starting Potty Training.. Why is it Really Hard and Different With the Twins? Can anyone Please...

Potty Training [ 3 Answers ]

Why is there a myth that girls are easier to potty train than boys?:)

View more questions Search