Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmbrian Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2015, 09:27 AM
    Surface rust,small pin holes, above ground pool
    Hi
    I am replacing the liner in an above ground pool and found rust on a portion of the inside wall, near jet. Mostly surface rust but I did find 3 small pin holes.o on a 1 ft q ares. Can I just use some metal paint and cover pin holes with a patch and tape. Or should I apply a metal patch with rivets?

I also noticed white calcium deposits? On the side of the wall. Sand and paint with metal paint?

Thanks
    B
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 17, 2015, 10:17 AM
    If it is near the water surface there will be little water pressure on it. I would brush it with a wire brush, prime it and then put aluminum foil tape over the area, not duct tape. Buy Aluminum Foil Tape from Tape Solutions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

installing 18x33 above ground pool on unlevel surface [ 1 Answers ]

I have a frame built out of 2x6 that is level across the top, but 5"deep on one end and slopes down to about 11 inches on the opposite (long) end on the ground surface itself. I was thinking of using all masonry sand for backfill. which would make the underneath of the sand pad un-level but the top...

Aqua Leader Pool developes rust/holes on outside [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings, We installed an above ground, Aqua Leader pool in 2002. Oval - 15 x 33. We live in PA. This past February, I discovered a small hole about a foot up front the ground. Hole was about 3/16" and water was coming out onto the snow. Pool surface was frozen for the most part. We patched...

Pin holes in an above ground pool [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 24ft above ground and am finding pin holes on one side of the pool. I patched two but have found four more. The linner is two years old and otherwise in great shape. The pool store told me that it was from nut grass. I pulled an article online to get a visual of what I was looking for...

Rust holes [ 1 Answers ]

Can you fix rust holes in frame near rear wheelwell on a 1994 honda civic ex

View more questions Search