Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    backhoe13 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2015, 09:26 AM
    Is this paragraph read well?
    I made a little typo on the title (Does this paragraph read well?)

Hello! I just want to hear your comments on the style of the paragraph. Thanks!

College applicants don't just choose their schools based on academic reputation and excellence. Financial consideration is perhaps the biggest factor in picking the right school, especially when one avoids serious debts. Sometimes, this factor leaves students no other choice but to enroll in a lower-tier and non-ranking school. But this shouldn't discourage them from pursuing graduate studies, even when statistics show that most prestigious universities prefer applicants from an Ivy League school.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 17, 2015, 11:00 AM
    Just not true though - countless students apply to schools with scholarships. Even Harvard has more than half their students on scholarships. And your last sentence isn't one bit true - sorry.
    In the US, graduate school is after 4 years of undergraduate college. I have a feeling it means something different where you are, because you are mixing 'college' and 'graduate school.'
    To my mind, the biggest factor in applying to college is how well the student did in high school!
    The biggest factor in applying to grad school is the concentration of studies in an area the grad school is noted for, the interview, and the thesis.
    spicywings Posts: 85, Reputation: 9

May 17, 2015, 01:38 PM
    I have a problem with this statement: even when statistics show that most prestigious universities prefer applicants from an Ivy League school.

Are you talking about bachelor students opting for their Masters? If so, it needs clarification. Even so, I wouldn't agree with that AT ALL.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this paragraph okay enough to read aloud to my class tomorrow? [ 2 Answers ]

What should I do to improve it? If you are able to, please help me identify my strong and weak points in writing, as they will help me later on. Paragraph: I believe a keyboard represents me. I am considered a fast typer in my class, and I use the computer often. I also like to play games on...

Hello Im new to site.. but have read it forever. This is an ETG question read below [ 22 Answers ]

I am 43 years old, 5 ft tall, 160 ibs. Plump but not huge.. lol. My job pretty much keeps me stationary at desk at all times... but I am in pretty good health no health issues, no meds etc. I am on probation not felony for a charge that had NOTHING NOTHING to do with alcohol or drugs yet they...

View more questions Search