Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gabby McCrory Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2015, 11:20 PM
    How to lose weight
    How can I lose weight at the age tweleve and overweight I am lazy but I try hard to try to lose weight but it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 14, 2015, 11:22 PM
    Proper diet and exercise are the only surefire methods.
    Gabby McCrory Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2015, 11:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Proper diet and exercise are the only surefire methods.
    That's all I need to do really is just to have a proper diet and exercise will help a girl who is 199 pounds
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 14, 2015, 11:34 PM
    Proper diet means you have to eat less, and the food you do eat has to be healthy, especially because you are eating less!

I just lost 7 lbs easily by cutting out sweets and eating smaller meals.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 15, 2015, 01:08 AM
    Proper diet and exercise is all there is. But you have to do it. If lazy, there is a problem. You need to start doing perhaps walking, and see about some workout program. Also cut out fast foods, and try to eat more veggies. A balanced meal.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 15, 2015, 07:38 AM
    At age 12 though you're going to need help from your doctor. You're still growing in body and mind and if you restrict your diet too much or develop a deficency then you could be hamper your grown and development into adulthood.

As was said you need a proper diet. What this is so general that it baffles many, many people. Paleo, south beach, atkins, grapefruit, diets are all fine and good, but who's right? The key is all them, save for the grapefruit diet that one is just dumb, and none of them. You need to make sure that you're getting all your proper vitamins and that you're also getting all the calories/protein/carbs that you need for your age. As well you should look at the major offends in your life, simple carbohydrates are a major example. When you have a soda, the sugar just flies into your system, it will cause a insulin response, and it will be packed away quickly as fat. When you have something like pasta or meat where the carbs are complex, the sugar hits your system at a slow and controlled rate. The body uses it instead of just storing it.

Your body has a man directive. Live. When it sees a wealth of resources it will pack it way because it is never sure when the next meal will be. Even though it will be in 4-8 hours, our body doesn't know that. Healthy eating is easy and complex at the same time.

The exercise thing you'll need to start slowly. If you jump right into it, you'll hurt, be discouraged, and quit. Start simple. Walk more. Take the stairs. Participate more in gym. If you're on your computer/tablet/tv a lot. Turn it off and go for a walk. Gradually move up to more rigorous exercise.

The last piece of advice I have here is use a tape measure. Look at your body and record measurements of it. This is what you go by when you're losing weight. Have a rough goal, i.e. 3" off of each arm and thigh, 6" off waist, and 3" off the chest and don't use the scale. Scales don't tell the full story. They report how well of a job that gravity is doing, not your general health. By eating better and exercising you're going to lose fat and gain muscle. You'll have days where you will gain weight and this isn't because you're getting fatter but because you're getting more muscle mass. Muscle is much denser then fat. So you could lose 2" off your waist and gain 2lbs which would translate to a lose of 2lbs of fat but a gain of 4lbs of muscle mass.

Do it slowly and do it smartly, you're not losing weight but bettering your body management.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I am 16 and I am over weight I weight 216 pounds what can I do to lose weight [ 3 Answers ]

I am 16 and I weigh 216 pounds I want to lose weight I cut down on my junk food and on my sodas and juices I exercise about once a week because I am to busy doing homework but it seems not to work I can't lose weight even if I cut down on all my junk food I need help I want to lose a least 60...

How much good fats can I eat a day in order to keep my weight or lose weight? [ 2 Answers ]

I lost 4kg with a 21 day sugar/carb free diet to break my sugar addiction. After that I've kept really healthy and off sugar and carbs but sometimes I get so hungry like today, I ate 250gr of nuts which have 1200 kcal plus 5 tablespoons full of coconut oil plus 1 1/2 avocados, eggs, chicken and...

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

Need to lose weight! [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so I am looking to lose weight, I'm 19 years old, 5'6" and like 150 pounds :( I want to lose around 20-25 pounds. I know regular exercise and a healthy diet are the key things to losing weight but I am having a lot of difficulties. Lately I have been eating SO much more then I usually eat,...

View more questions Search