Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Irulan Posts: 92, Reputation: 17

Nov 8, 2005, 08:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganite
    It is not always what we share in common that makes our lives richer, but our diversities, our differences. Discussing these differences and appropriately challenging or defending them should not be avoided because we fear to speak. The sign of maturity is when a person is able to reasonably consider the opinions of others without necessarily holding to them.

Quench not the spirit, despise not prophesyings, stifle not discussion.

MORGANITE

:)
    Human nature does not always encourage maturity, thus few humans are mature enough to wholly understand that our differences, specially in religion, is what makes us, every one, unique. It is that uniqueness in the human spirit that makes us who we are, a pity that not many will understand and accept this incontrovertible fact which engenders so many unjust actions and consequences.

This went to the wrong person... have to learn how to attach the right message to the right person... am, after all, a newbie... LOL! ;-D
    Morganite Posts: 863, Reputation: 86

Nov 9, 2005, 05:49 AM
    Wrong Person
    Quote Originally Posted by Irulan
    Human nature does not always encourage maturity, thus few humans are mature enough to wholly understand that our differences, specially in religion, is what makes us, each and every one, unique. It is that uniqueness in the human spirit that makes us who we are, a pity that not many will understand and accept this incontrovertible fact which engenders so many unjust actions and consequences.

This went to the wrong person ...have to learn how to attach the right message to the right person ...am, after all, a newbie ...LOL! ;-D

That's OK. I always enjoy the picture of your Grandmother. She looks like mine. Are we cousins?

MORGANITE

JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2005, 10:48 PM
    Denominations. Well catholic, baptist, protestant and so forth. They teach about Jesus. Each denomination has different customs and ways of teaching but I think it all comes down to one person. JESUS CHRIST. There are many that are misleading but we all have to decide which ones are right for ourselves.
    Irulan Posts: 92, Reputation: 17

Nov 16, 2005, 10:51 AM
    That's OK. I always enjoy the picture of your Grandmother. She looks like mine. Are we cousins?

MORGANITE

The picture of my grandmother?? LOL!! Cousins? Could be - or at least sisters under the skin!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 17, 2005, 09:28 PM
    I have been a history buff most of my life and I find it interesting how as small children we can become so endoctinated by one thing or another that when we see anything different the first thing we say is that it is wrong.A closed mind cannot learn therefore it cannot grow and to me growth is spiritually as important as growing physically.Because I'm right and your different does that make you wrong? How do you know your right in the first place?

Nov 18, 2005, 05:46 PM
    Right and wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    I have been a history buff most of my life and I find it interesting how as small children we can become so endoctinated by one thing or another that when we see anything different the first thing we say is that it is wrong.A closed mind cannot learn therefore it cannot grow and to me growth is spiritually as important as growing physically.Because I'm right and your different does that make you wrong??How do you know your right in the first place?
    Prejudice is always based on ignorance and hubris. There might be more than one way of being right. My questions to those who slap others down is,

"Why does it matter to you what anyone else believes? Do you need so much to control others"?

Live and let live.

MORGANITE

Expert

Nov 20, 2005, 01:47 PM
    Control
    The key here is control without it people of closed minds are nothing.To them it is very important to slam you down so they can feel superior and they are always right! :cool:
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 20, 2005, 05:10 PM
    Right
    No denomination is completely right.

Now it is easy to see those that have wondered into the teachings of man.
    Many have re-written what the bible says to allow man to live they way they want, instead of following Gods law.

But he did not tell anyone to have (or not to have) five songs, never singing the third verse, 30 minutes of preachings and a alter call ever second Sunday.

And he did not tell us to have confesion booths, 9 in high chalices and only to use red wine for communion.

He did not demand us to have steeples, heck we do not have to have church buildings, it is more bibical to hold church meetings in our homes.

the main thing is do they teach that sin is sin, not an optional way of life, that is to include being drunk, adultry, theft and breaking the laws of our nation.
    Expert

Nov 20, 2005, 07:46 PM
    A lot of today's religion is based on man throwing stuff in the pot.This is where the confusion starts and the strict enterpretaion of gods law as whoever sees it.you have to control the flock somehow,you can't just let people do whatever they want,they might go somewhere else or worse call you some kind of fool and turn their back on you altogether.You can bet one thing though,They are right,They know the truth cause god says so.They don't care if your homosexual ,or atheist your wrong and that's just it. Even though the bible says to- judge not- they feel they can do it anyway.The bible says to love your fellow man, could you see them trying to love a gay person?But remember they are right.SO YOU MUST BE WRONG! :eek:
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2005, 06:57 PM
    Read the Holy Bible - preferably the original King James Version. Find yourself a knowledgeable, competent pastor or elder to latch on to who can help you understand and interpret the more difficult parts. Studying a catchechism such as the Westminister Confession Of Faith can be helpful, also.
    Katiy Posts: 56, Reputation: -3
    -

Nov 22, 2005, 10:46 PM
    Agenda
    Most people operate from their own agenda. I try and listen to what the agenda is. I look at what is underneath, what are they really committed to.

Nov 23, 2005, 07:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    A lot of todays religion is based on man throwing stuff in the pot.This is where the confusion starts and the strict enterpretaion of gods law as whoever sees it.you have to control the flock somehow,you can't just let people do whatever they want,they might go somewhere else or worse call you some kind of fool and turn their back on you altogether.You can bet one thing tho,They are right,They know the truth cause god says so.They don't care if your homosexual ,or atheist your wrong and thats just it. Even tho the bible says to- judge not- they feel they can do it anyway.The bible says to love your fellow man, could you see them trying to love a gay person?But remember they are right.SO YOU MUST BE WRONG!! :eek:

You make some interesting points, but could you give examples of real events that lead you to them? Without some kind of way pointing or back up, your post becomes just another opinion on a subject already drowning in opinions.

MORGANITE

Nov 23, 2005, 07:13 AM
    Agendas
    Quote Originally Posted by Katiy
    Most people operate from their own agenda. I try and listen to what the agenda is. I look at what is underneath, what are they really committed to.

By what methods do you deconstruct their agendas? What is you agenda?

MORGANITE

NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 23, 2005, 07:21 AM
    You make some interesting points, but could you give examples of real events that lead you to them? Without some kind of way pointing or back up, your post becomes just another opinion on a subject already drowning in opinions.
    MORGANITE
    In case you forgot the original question is: "How do you make sense of the different denominations with everybody saying their way is right?"

Of course the answers are going to reflect the poster's opinion - do you seriously believe that a single concrete final answer will come from this?

Mar 19, 2006, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    In case you forgot the orginal question is: "How do you make sense of the different denominations with everybody saying their way is right?"

Of course the answers are going to reflect the poster's opinion - do you seriously believe that a single concrete final answer will come from this?
    Anyone who hopes for single and/or concrete in this forum (or any that are like unto it) is too naïve to be let out without an attendant. However, that in no way nullifies the subject as one fit for discussion by reasonable people.

A bunch of a dozen roses of unvarying redness might speak the language of love, but a mixed bunch of wild flowers of a variety of hues is a statement that there is nmore to life than meets the stilted mind of the cynic, and/or - as they suppose - the effete purist. My advice is to relax and enjoy the changing scenery as you journey through life.

When we have reduced our dreams to a single hope, and our youthful list of possibilities is become nothing but dry and dusty despair, then we have achieved the human equivalent of fossilisation, and we are no longer scintillating, inspiring, or pleasant company.

"Bah, Humbug!" is not a philosophy worth sharing, because it pours cold water on dreams; induces stress; negates a person's essential humanity, and smacks of intellectual terrorism.

In life, as in a salad, the enjoyment comes from the variety of colours, textures, and tastes, and he who believes that a contrary opinion is a causus bellus is a disappointment hiding behind the thoughtlessness of what he might choose to call 'realism,' but which in reality is nothing more than a nasty taste in the mouth, a nasty smell in th enose, and a mindful of disappointment that he believes in his delusion every one ought to share with him.

Why would it matter to anyone whether everyone is in total agreement on all points? Control, perhaps?

If we MUST only discuss those things on which all parties MUST eventually come to complete and utter agreement, what is left to talk about, and what is left of the richness of life that flows from human intellectuil and spiritual diversity?

M:confused:RGANITE
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2006, 11:22 AM
    You are going to have to stick to one of your personalities or you're going to confuse us. You just said:
    Anyone who hopes for single and/or concrete in this forum (or any that are like unto it) is too naive to be let out without an attendant. However, that in no way nullifies the subject as one fit for discussion by reasonable people.
    Yet earlier in this same thread you said:
    Without some kind of way pointing or back up, your post becomes just another opinion on a subject already drowning in opinions.
    So which is it: do you believe that people can their offer opinions here or not? Or is it simply your opinion that matters? :confused:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is wrong with my dog? [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 6 year old female black lab. She is the most faithful eater I know but she has eaten since Tuesday... 6/21/05. All she wants to do is lay around and sleep. Granted it's been hot and I am sure the heat wears on her BUT she always eats. She TELLS me when it's breakfast and dinner time....

Is it wrong? [ 10 Answers ]

I was wondering everyone's feedback on the question is it wrong for man to feel less of himself if his girlfriend has slept with more guys then he has women?Is it wrong for him to want to go out and match her or destroy her total?I haven't been a man to want to conquer the universe until I met my...

What am I doing wrong? [ 8 Answers ]

:( I am a frustrated single mom with a 12 y/o boy. His father has always been there for us, even though we seperated when our child was four. I was fifteen when I had him and still have never married. His father recently is in the process of getting divorced from his wife and has moved to...

What's wrong now [ 1 Answers ]

I have a centurion wall clock it works but after a few hours the pendelum will stop moving and the time will stop what causes this to do this?

Is something wrong? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 24 years old and 2 years ago I got pregnant when the condom broke and had an abortion because I was not ready at the time and the relationship was so new. I have not been using any contraceptives for the past 6 months because we are now ready to have a child, and now I am not getting pregnant....

View more questions Search