Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Imamonster13 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2015, 04:42 AM
    In anime can you miss stuff in a dubbed version?
    Does that even make sense?
    Like okay I watched the first Season Of Diabolik lovers in English. It was okay- could I have missed anything in the dubbed version of it? Like a important piece of information? Or would it all be the same?

Oh oh and another thing what is the anime with the other set of vampire brothers Mukami brothers or would that be the same anime?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 14, 2015, 02:36 PM
    I can't say about anime itself but I am partial to foreign horror films and I know that dubbing and captioning on many of these are just kind of loosely done. They give you the basic idea of what is going on but sometimes it isn't all there.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 15, 2015, 01:37 AM
    I often watch movies here in China, many are translated, others with wording at bottom of screen. The translations many times are so comical it is not funny. There is often so much lost in translation.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 15, 2015, 07:08 AM
    It honestly depends on who's doing the sub/dub of the anime. All the information and plot should be there but a lot of the subtleties will not be. There could be verbal interactions that play out completely different when spoken in japanese compared to english.

Then comes the subtitled version. You get the verbal interaction perfect but you will lose some in the translation based upon who did the translation. So it is a catch 22, it will translate most of what is going on, but you're likely to miss out on some of the subtleties. I never really had a problem with that truth be told.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Short version: why does my kitchen waste back up into the toilet line. Long version: [ 1 Answers ]

Short version: why does my kitchen waste back up into the toilet line. Long version: I have a half bath next to my kitchen that shares the same drain line, which also is the same line that the washing machine drains and then meets up with the main that goes outside. We just recently had it...

Want to pay for Spanish-dubbed movies with Spanish subtitles in rewindable format [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to learn Spanish but I have a language handicap. I need Spanish-dubbed movies with IDENTICAL and SIMULTANEOUS Spanish subtitles, so I can listen and read at the same time. (Spanish subtitles often use a different translation with completely different words than the dialogue. Also,...

Name of an anime-version of The Little Mermaid? [ 1 Answers ]

There is an anime-style version of The Little Mermaid that follows closely to the original version (where the mermaid, Marina, kills herself at the end). She also has a side-kick that is a dolphin. It's probably from around the 80s. Does anyone know what it is called or who produced it or where I...

View more questions Search