Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Imamonster13 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2015, 07:52 PM
    Ballet question!
    All right this question is for my lady ballerinas!
    I'm a pointe dancer I'm not in my shoes everyday but 3/4 days a week.
    On Saturdays for 3-5 hours- what are some ways to help my toes survive the 5 hours I spend in pointe shoes?
    I already tape my big toe but are there any other ways to help my feet?
    hopefulempathy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2015, 03:40 PM
    Why are you on pointe for five hours on Saturdays? I'm just curious. It would make sense if you were older and training. Honestly besides getting those gels, you're just going to have to wait until your toes go numb and bear the pain. Take aspirin or whatever you usually take to help with the pain an hour before practice.
    Imamonster13 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2015, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefulempathy View Post
    Why are you on pointe for five hours on Saturdays? I'm just curious. It would make sense if you were older and training. Honestly besides getting those gels, you're just going to have to wait until your toes go numb and bear the pain. Take aspirin or whatever you usually take to help with the pain an hour before practice.
    Well okay I missed this very large amount of info.
    I have a show in like two weeks.
    Most of the time it's only a hour on Saturdays but since we have a show coming up its " ballet shoes, pointe shoes, character shoes, pointe shoes, ballet shoes, character shoes, pointe shoes." So it's a lot of changing shoes but that's why it's about five hours on Saturday

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I to old for ballet/pointe? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm jules I'm almost 16 and I did ballet and lyrical jazz dance for two years when I was 9 years old My last year I was 10. I really miss it and regret Quiting. I loved it, but I quit Cause kids made fun of me at school be because ballet wasent cool. However being older & @ a new school I don't...

Ballet VS pointe [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I really need advice on ballet. I have no experience and would like to start taking lessons this September. I would one day really love to do pointe! How many years of training do I need? And is it too late: I'll be a freshman this year! Please help! Thank you

Ballet truths? [ 9 Answers ]

Is it true that if you are a ballet dancer Your mostly likely to be skinny And not have a curvy figure I have 2 hour long ballet lessons twice a week And I'm 15 and I'm very uncurvy What can help?

Ballet talk [ 4 Answers ]

how will i be able to improve my extensions??? are there any steps/exercise that i can do at home so my extensions would get better? :p

Ballet movie [ 1 Answers ]

Movie from the 90's, london, young poor boy wants to become a ballet dancer, he is teased and ridiculed by friends and father who all love boxing

View more questions Search