Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msansar Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2015, 05:56 PM
    Tub drain problems
    My tub drain doesn't have its' stopper anymore. There's still a post in there that is connected to the crossbar of the drain. The post twists around easily but doesn't come out. I want to take out the protruding post so I can just buy a plastic stopper to stop up the tub. I'm not sure what kind of stopper came with the tub. But all that's left is the post and I'm not sure if it's stuck or if it's actually connected to the crossbar. Is there anything to do about this post beside replace the whole drain?
    spicywings Posts: 85, Reputation: 9

May 13, 2015, 06:35 PM
    Is there a screw anywhere in the middle?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 13, 2015, 07:08 PM
    Is it a threaded post? Can you post a picture? Could be a Twist-and-close like this Westbrass 1-1/2 in. NPSM Coarse Thread Twist-and-Close Bath Drain Plug-79438CP-Z - The Home Depot or even a pop up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Run water in tub drains. Fill tub does not drain [ 3 Answers ]

Run water in tub drains. Fill tub does not drain use snake but its still the same

Slow Tub Drain; Draining Sink Overflows Tub [ 8 Answers ]

Hello! I'm looking for advice about some bathroom plumbing issues. We live on the ground floor of a condo building that has a cement slab. The tub in our bathroom has an extremely slow drain (ankles submerged during a shower). We've tried to snake the tub drain both through the drain and by...

Tub won't drain, other random problems [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Let me give some background. We've been having problems with the toilet for a little bit, so I bought an air pressure gun made for plumbing and it seems to have cleared the toilet. I also use chemicals with active enzymes once a month (now once a day to keep the toilet running). Now my...

Sink and tub drain problems [ 1 Answers ]

My bathroom sink has been very, very draining slowly. I tried plunging my sink and I tried drano without much effect. Now, water from my bathtub seems to be filling the sink when it drains. I want to try to snake the sink drain, but I'm worried about causing more problems with bathrub drain. I...

Bath tub drain problems-help, please. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a trip lever/plunger type bath tub drain. I decided to try replacing it/adjusting it because it had a leak. I would take a bath, and the water would drain out in 1/2 hour. No soaking in this tub. The house is 1922, the tub is pretty old as well. The plunger and linkage apparatus was...

View more questions Search