Ask
    Adam Acton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2015, 09:18 PM
    1967 att shares
    How much are 5 att shares from 1967 worth
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

May 13, 2015, 05:43 AM
    If all you have are the physical shares then be aware that when AT&T Corp was bought out and converted to AT&T Inc those shares should have been redeemed. I suggest you contact AT&T Inc shareholder services and ask what to do with these shares; contact info is here: Investor Relations | Investor Relations | AT&T

By the way, between 1967 and today the old AT&T Corp has been through literally dozens of corporates changes -- divestitures, splits, mergers, buy-outs, etc. and ultimately the conversion to AT&T Inc. Consequently the original investment from 1967 has evolved into investments in literally dozens of companies today, so whoever bought those original shares should also now have shares in many other companies as well.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 13, 2015, 05:53 AM
    ..or worthless, like my GM shares from before the 2008 recession. They didn't convert.
    Expert

May 13, 2015, 05:55 AM
    Joy: it's a different case entirely. GM went bankrupt - that's why your shares from pre-bankruptcy days are worthless. AT&T has never been bankrupt.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 13, 2015, 06:06 AM
    Til just now, I thought they were bailed out! Wasn't paying much attention in those days.
    Expert

May 13, 2015, 11:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Wasn't paying much attention in those days.
    I worked for AT&T (Bell Laboratories) from '78 up through the spin-off of Lucent Technologies in 2000. As a I stock holder I needed a very complicated spreadsheet to keep track of how my original AT&T Corp stock shares morphed with stock splits, divestiture of the baby Bells, spin-offs, purchases of other companies, and ultimately being bought out by BellSouth. I pity the person who owned the stock and wasn't paying attention as all this transpired - trying to determine what stocks are owned now and their tax cost basis is a real nightmare!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

co op shares check value of shares in co-operative which I inherited [ 0 Answers ]

I inherited a members share and loan passbook in account with belfast co-operative society limited is this of any value to me

10 shares of 1967 AT & T stock, value? [ 1 Answers ]

My mother has AT & T stock certificate noting 10 shares and dated August 12, 1968. How can I verify that this certificate is of value. She is 90 years old & doesn't remember if these certificates were exchanged.

Tax basis for ATT shares [ 1 Answers ]

I recently sold my ATT stock, where can I find my basis for tax purposes, e.g.stock plits acquisitions etc.

Issuing new shares, to purchase assets that increase the value of all of the shares, [ 2 Answers ]

As an example ABC ltd, has assets of $500,000 and liabilities of $500,000, with a turnover of $100,000 and a profit of $10,000, retained earning of negative $20,000. ABC Ltd was set up with only one share and it is held by the single share holder. Then ABC Ltd (under the direction of the...

View more questions Search