Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brooke Turner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 12, 2015, 12:48 AM
    Tooth abscess symptoms
    Last night my blood pressure dropped over 20points and I became dizzy and disoriented quickly. Medic thought I was dehydrated. Woke up with sore throat coughing up green phlegm and extremely lethargic all day. Have a weird taste in mouth and glands feel swollen. I have an uncrowned root canal on lower jaw. Could that be causing these symptoms?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 12, 2015, 03:07 AM
    Do you mean that you have a tooth that has been decayed quite a while, because uncrowned root canal means that a doctor has left a root canal open, which would never be done !

Abscesses are extremely painful and occur when a tooth has decayed to the point the bottom roots are infected as well. Long term would create your symptoms but under the circumstances an on line diagnosis is just not possible.

What 'medic' thought you were dehydrated ?

My best advice is get yourself to a dentist because an untreated abcessed can cause a lot more problems then you are describing.
    Expert

May 12, 2015, 04:13 AM
    As an add on to my previous post. The glands you mention that are swollen are probably your cervical lymph nodes and when swollen signify a major infection in the body. This is what our lymph nodes are designed for, they filter the blood, indicate red or white cell blood count therefore detecting infection.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 12, 2015, 04:18 AM
    Drop in blood pressure and dizziness indicate dehydration.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 12, 2015, 04:24 AM
    Did you go in and get a medical exam?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 12, 2015, 05:43 AM
    Do as your medic advises and deal with the dehydration, and see a dentist for the tooth. You likely have two issues that need attention.
    Expert

May 12, 2015, 06:17 AM
    The medic may have dropped the ball if they did not recommend any kind of care. Dehydration is a serious issue in itself with specific instructions regarding replacing electrolytes, staying cool and resting.

What did they advise ?

You have two vey serious issues to deal with here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Abscess Tooth [ 4 Answers ]

Abscess tooth. Friend had the devil to pay, with an abscess tooth. for 3 days. It's better now. He used a lot of ibuprofen and mouth rinses. Even with over the counter medication and mouth rinses it was a painful experience. I wonder what is a good antibiotic and pain reliever people use...

Tooth abscess [ 5 Answers ]

Hi: I have a tooth abscess that I accidentally discovered was draining pus. I do not have any pain, but seems to be old draining abscess. What should I do??

Tooth abscess. [ 19 Answers ]

I recently had a crown come out and had to go to the dentist to have it put back on. The dentist took an x-ray and told me I had some infection in that tooth and I'd need a root canal. I was started on antibiotics yesterday and a few hours after seeing the dentist my tooth started hurting. It's...

Abscess on Baby Tooth [ 7 Answers ]

My baby who is 2 years old in June has an abscess on his front tooth and I am worried about how the dentist can do anything with this tooth as he doesn't like anyone looking in his mouth. He just keeps prescribing antibiotics and he has had 3 lots at present. I think the abscess is due to...

Tooth Abscess [ 1 Answers ]

How Do I Ease Pain Of A Tooth Abscess,taking Painkillers And Antibiotics, But Still Hurts Like Hell.

View more questions Search