Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Barbwire1951 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 11, 2015, 10:47 AM
    How to re purpose an exterior hvac fan to make regular fan?
    I want to re use repurpose an exterior hvac fan. There are three wire from the fan motor. One gray, black and blue. How can I wire this fan to a regular cord to plug into a receptacle? I understand the need to have a cage etc around the blades...
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 11, 2015, 02:00 PM
    What is the voltage?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 11, 2015, 04:19 PM
    There must be a tag or engraving somewhere on the motor, what is it?
    Missouri Bound Posts: 1,532, Reputation: 94
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2015, 11:19 AM
    It's very possible that your fan either is not 120 volts or needs a capacitor to operate, or both. Without the mfg. information it will be impossible to direct you to the next step.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Exterior fan on pump not working [ 0 Answers ]

MODEL/ DRHS0638 =SER/930647748 COLEMAN EVCON PUMP I' am a automobile thecnicien 20 years last time the fan of the pump had to be replaced by service guy . Need quick tips for chinking capacitater whit multi meter with power off .

Out with a ceiling fan, in with a regular light. [ 1 Answers ]

I am taking a ceiling fan out and putting in a hanging light fixture. I have the common color wires on the light, black, white, and green. Other than the matching colors in the ceiling, I have a Red, Black, White, and Green. This light is operated on two different switches. What do I hook up...

Exterior fan stops [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the capacitor and fan motor and I still have a problem with the fan stopping after about ten minutes. All the wiring is correct and the fan spins in the correct direction. The start thermistor gets extremely hot. The compressor continues to run without a problem. The fan will run again...

Exterior A/C Fan is Erratic [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 21 year old Carrier single phase a/c unit. I did the kick start test on the fan blade and it began to spin as if there was nothing wrong. About 20 minutes later the fan stopped on its own. I pulled the cover off and checked for voltage at all of the terminals and all seemed to be O.K. ...

View more questions Search