Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aishwarya anand Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2015, 10:26 PM
    Chemical engineer
    Does career after chemical have any negative impact on health??
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 11, 2015, 02:25 AM
    Short term or long term exposure to certain chemicals can be serious to a persons health. There are required safety issues for most chemicals that are required. Some chemicals, even accidental exposure can cause injury including death.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 11, 2015, 02:11 PM
    Chemical Engineers and Chemists are greatly different. Many CE's never touch a chemical after college. Most Chemists do. I spent 10 years in Chemical research, after college, with some pretty nasty products-Benzene, beta-napthylamine and vinyl chloride to name a few. Have made it 74 years so far without any serious medical issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ask a chemical engineer. Mgo, MgCl related question [ 0 Answers ]

I'm a newbie in this chemical engineering field. Basically from the concrete construction industry. Took a bold step towards producing MgO sheets. Need some answers regarding it's properties. First off what is the curing time for MGO+Mgcl2 based products. What are additives that can be added to...

Ask a chemical engineer [ 3 Answers ]

Hello---Is it true that adding ascorbic acid in the bath can neutralize chlorine? Are there any other items we can add to bath tap water to neutralize undesirable chemicals? Thank you.

Ask a chemical engineer [ 0 Answers ]

Isocyanates --suitable lubricant? I live in Panama, Central America and we have limited (to no) access to the lubricant normally used with the spray polyurethane insulation equipment. The recommended lubricant is called DOP (Di-Octyl Phthalate) or DEHP. The chemical name is Bis (2-ethylenexy)...

Ask a chemical engineer [ 3 Answers ]

I'm generating oxygen and hydrogen with electrodes for water treatment.This is 2 hydrogen and 1 oxygen.This works. I like to know which of the two is more important In this processas as I can controle the qty of each. Thank you

View more questions Search