Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bmb73vette Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

May 9, 2015, 03:21 PM
    Above ground pool sand pump! Fix vs new! What's required for size!
    i have a 24 round above ground pool. The sand pump motor is bad! I know this for a fact kind fried on the inside! It's A sta-rite 1.5hp 3450rpm ... Pump model jwpas5f-2a4. I googled the motor around 150. Not too much but I see whole new units for that much or 200! Pretty close range!
    1. Is it worth buying a motor or should I go to a new system?
    2. For a 24 round pool what rpm and/or gpms Is needed for this size pool?
    3.if buying new is the best option in your opinion what brands are good?
    4. I see different
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 9, 2015, 05:31 PM
    I am confused by this sentence "I googled the motor around 150. Not too much but I see whole new units for that much or 200!" What cost $150 and what cost $200, what is the difference? Are you thinking of replacing just the electric pump motor and not the pump itself? No a great idea, you will have an old pump with old impellers and bushing bolted to a brand new pump motor. http://www.poolsuppliessuperstore.co...FUMV7AodiFwAFg Consider Hayward Matrix, about 4 or 5 down

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to fix a settling above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

I installed a 24 foot round above ground pool two summers ago. This will be the 3rd summer. I just noticed that one area of the pool is settling. We had to do some leveling before the pool was installed. The contractor dug in on the high side and compacted sand on the lower side. He compacted it...

I have a hole in my above ground pool the water blew out part of the sand underneath [ 0 Answers ]

I have a hole in my above ground pool. It blew out some of the sand underneath. Ive got big trouble don't I?

Sand filter for above ground pool's [ 1 Answers ]

When ever I vacume my pool all the stuff I vacum comes back into my pool please help its hot!! I also have a lot of dead algee in the bottom but it just blows back in when I vacum

Sand left after my above ground pool was taken down [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone have any ideas on what do with the sand that is left in my yard after taking down the above ground pool last fall? Thanks!

View more questions Search