Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    damagedsoul5412 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2015, 05:22 PM
    Hair Drug Test - Will I test positive or negative?
    I've been searching the internet for answers but I can barely find one that helps.

I was a heavy pot smoker in the year 2011, but I stopped. Just completely stopped. Then I had pot brownies on October 23, 2013. Then never ever had it again.

Then I recently smoked pot, and got caught (kind of). So, it was this month, on May 2nd, 2015 that I smoked some pot - I had like three puffs. Then again the next day, on May 3rd - started drinking at like 3 am in the morning, took one Adderall at like 5 am, then smoked like three puffs of marijuana at around 6 am.

My college let me take a Psychemedics hair drug test on May 6 and the hair sample was taken at 9:40 am.

The results are going to come out on Monday. Starting to get anxious.
    Is there a possibility of failing the test due to the recent use? Or can I sleep in peace and stop looking for new colleges (cause I could get expelled)?

I am a female, 19 years, 118 lbs. Side note - I have styled, cut, colored, permed, bleached and dyed my hair many times after my pot brownies.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 8, 2015, 05:37 PM
    So are you saying that you think the brownies, that you had almost 19 months ago, may show up on a test?

You're wording and timeline is somewhat confusing but if I made sense of it, you will probably be ok...unless there is a little more to this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2015, 06:27 PM
    Things from 19 months ago, will not show up, (unless you typed the wrong date and it was this year)

It sounds like you will pass. What you did to your hair has no effect on test.

May 8, 2015, 07:54 PM
    I'm worried about the recent ones - the ones I smoked on the 2nd and 3rd of this month. I had to take the test after 4 days of the first hit, so I am kind of worried about it showing up on the test cause Google searches and answers on the internet say that a drug can be detected after 3-7 days of taking the drug when it comes to hair tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    Things from 19 months ago, will not show up, (unless you typed the wrong date and it was this year)

It sounds like you will pass. What you did to your hair has no effect on test.
    So, what about things from 3-4 days ago?
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

May 10, 2015, 01:11 AM
    Think about how long it takes the hair to grow out. Use from 3-4 days ago, your hair will not be above the scalp line and when I had a hair test, they snip it with a pair of scissors, so there was actually between 1/8" and 1/4" of hair at the scalp line that remained after they took a sample. If your hair grown at about 1/2" a month, I can't imagine 6 hits showing up from 3-4 days ago , but I am not a hair drug testing expert.

May 19, 2015, 08:01 PM
    I passed! Thank you guys.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 20, 2015, 05:04 AM
    I am glad you did and hoped you learned from riding this self imposed emotional rollercoaster of worry, and stress.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy test positive, negative then positive again [ 3 Answers ]

Hi yesterday I was 13 days past ovulation so I took a test and got a very faint positive. I went and bought teo predictor tests and both were positive. I took a clear blue this morning and it was negative. Feeling very deflated I thought I'd take an Asda test and it was positive. Very confused,...

Positive and negative HPTs. Negative qualitative blood test. Can I still be pregnant? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I am 21 years old and over the last 6 days I have taken countless numbers of pregnancy tests. I have had nausea and vomiting. Frequent urination and appetite. I have gotten 1 positive digital test, 1 positive blue dye + - test. 2 positive pink dye + - tests. As well as one positive cassette...

How can I test positive for chlamydia and my boyfriend test negative? [ 0 Answers ]

I had to go to the emergency room about a week ago with severe abdominal pain. They diagnoised me with PID. A couples days later they called me and told me that my test for chlamydia was positive. I told my boyfriend of three months and he was upset. He automatically assumed I cheated on him. But I...

Positive test.. then bleeding... then negative urine test.. could I still be pregnant? [ 5 Answers ]

I took a clear blue HPT which was positive.. I have had most symptoms ( swollen sore boobs, feeling sick etc) I started with an aching back then I started to bleed not too heavy it stopped for a day and started again I took another HPT and it was negative... the doctor also did a urine test which...

Late period, 1 negative test 1 positive test [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. My husband and I have been trying to conceive for about 6 months. Previously I lost a baby at 7 months pregnant... looong story... anyway I conceived last time on Clomid. I began Clomid again last month. I am a day late, I took 1 test Sunday (2 days before missed period) it was a faint...

View more questions Search