Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lamund Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2015, 11:07 AM
    Letter to evict salon booth renter
    I am a salon owner in the state of Wyoming. The stylist in my salon are all month to month booth rent with no contract.
    My problem is, I have one stylist that is a problem and is affecting the moral of the entire salon. I have had numerous conversations with her about her behavior which were to no avail. If anything she just became more belligerent and disrespectful afterwards.
    I would like to ask her to leave, we have no contract, so do I have to give her 30 days notice? I know from past experience with her, she will not conduct herself in a professional mater and just out of spite will remain in the salon the entre 30 days.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 8, 2015, 12:26 PM
    Why would you do business without a contract? Since this is a commercial lease, landlord/tenant rules do not apply. Since there is no contract, I don't believe there is law require you to give any notice. That is something that would have been written into a contract. I strongly suggest you contact a local attorney to see if there are any laws that require you to give notice. At the same time, have the attorney draw up a standard contract and have your other "tenants" sign one.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 8, 2015, 06:52 PM
    I would, have done a contract and treat them as independent 1099 employees, where you can more easily remove them. If there is documented problems, you need to notify them in writing, of those problems, and demand that they correct such actions.

You seriously need contracts to protect your business. Please consult a local attorney.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to write thank you letter after customer visited booth? [ 2 Answers ]

How to write thank you letter after customer visited booth?

We ask for thank you letter after customer visit our booth in exhibition last 2 weeks [ 5 Answers ]

We ask for thank you letter after customer visit our booth in exhibition last 2 weeks

Evicting a renter of "booth" in a salon [ 1 Answers ]

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to evict a teneant from my beauty salon? I cannot find out anything about the renters rights or mine. I have a girl in my salon that I need to get out as easily as possible. She has been passive aggressively harassing me and other renters, even clients....

View more questions Search