Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    markrehorn1976 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2015, 10:03 PM
    I received a positive peth test result and this has to be wrong, your thoughts
    I am a doctor on monitoring. I took a random peth test with no concerns. I have not had anything to drink in over a year. Now I am freaking out. How could this happen? Has anyone else had this experience? Thanks for your thoughts.
    markrehorn1976 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2015, 10:11 PM
    PEth test returned positive, I had not drank in over 2 years, how is this possible
    Any thoughts or advice? I have never had a compliance issue before. Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 6, 2015, 10:31 PM
    Hand sanitizer?
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

May 7, 2015, 07:10 AM
    There are many products that contain alcohol as well as food. It takes a while for the alcohol in a white wine sauce to burn off, often longer then the sauce is actually simmered. Hair products will do it as well.

The problem here is that, while you will claim that it is accidental exposure and that you've consumed NO alcohol, the people have heard this before and won't believe you because that is an excuse they've heard MANY times before. Even if it is a truth, they're going to assume that you're lying. It sucks doesn't it? The best thing to do is to talk to whoever acts on the results and ask for a retest or challenge the test. The second thing to do is to look at what's around you and AVOID anything that could contain any alcohol what so ever. You're going to need to be proactive and spotless for the rest of the monitoring period.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will A Positive False Pregnancy Test Result Show If Taking The Test 1 Day After Sex? [ 2 Answers ]

I have this friend (which is a girl) who took a pregnancy test the day after she and her boyfriend had sex. She was fertile when they were doing it but the guy came inside of her 3 times. The pregnancy test showed a positive result. Can my friend be pregnant right now? She also took 4 nordette...

What if my pregnancy test result second line is faint, is it positive or negatve? [ 2 Answers ]

I've done using pregnancy test kit, I don't think if it is posotive or negative because the second line is faint.

Will one night binge (11-12 mixed drinks) cause a positive Peth test 6 week later [ 1 Answers ]

A friend said he is being screwed over in a monitoring program that he drank 6.5 weeks before the failure of peth test. I am his peer monitor and want to believe he hasn't drank since then however would a one night binge show up 6 weeks later on a peth test, or is it more than likely he has been...

Will three snorts of cocain result in a positive hair test? [ 1 Answers ]

About the first week of June of 2013 I did three snorts of cocain and need to take hair test in the first week of agust 2013. Now I haven't touched that stuff since then what are the odds of a positive hair test result. Would that amount meet the cut off line in the test ?

If I am 6-8 weeks pregnant why won't a home test give me a positive result? [ 2 Answers ]

Quick Background: The last time I was pregnant, I had implantation bleeding. I FELT pregnant 2 weeks after. I took at least 6 -8 tests (home pregnancy kits) they all showed up negative. Finally after I missed what I thought had been my 2nd period, I took a test and it came back positive. Imagine my...

View more questions Search