Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LAB843 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2015, 12:08 PM
    No pay w/o time sheet?
    Can the employer not issue paychecks because the time sheets were not turned in on Monday but were turned in first thing on Tuesday. Was sick on Monday and no way to get it turned in. Paychecks are done on Wednesdays for auto deposit.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 6, 2015, 12:16 PM
    Sure they can.. because they processed this on Monday and you didn't turn it in so they couldn't do yours... you do know there are usually options... email/ call your supervisor etc.. You will get paid for last week, it will just be a week late.

Been that way every place I've worked for the last 35 years. I turn mine in at the end of the day on Friday out of habit for that very reason even though they aren't due until Monday Morning.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 6, 2015, 02:00 PM
    An employer has to issue paychecks on a schedule. However, they can state, since they had no hours to record, that no pay check can be issued. The pay will come on the next check.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Putting on-call time on time sheet [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I work and live at a University. My school provides me with an apartment on campus and my salary REALLY reflects that. Anyway, there are instances that I am required to be on-call. Sometimes I am on-call for 24 hours and there are many times in which I am only allotted to leave campus...

Time sheet and dot logs [ 1 Answers ]

I run a vac. Truck comp. we haul water ext. there are times when we get paid by the load not by the hour so our dot logs don't match the time sheet what do I need to do?

Time limit for turning time sheet in California? [ 1 Answers ]

Simply put - I worked for a company in February 2008. I got a different job in March 2008. When putting together my receipts at the end of the year I realized I had not turned in my time sheet for the work in February. I submitted the time sheet in January 2009. They have responded that they...

Trial balance sheet with pay on credits or cheques [ 2 Answers ]

How can I create a trial balance sheet with pay on credit and cheques?

Time sheet or not [ 3 Answers ]

If you are being paid a salary, but do overtime virtually every day. Should a time sheet be filled out every day for the month by the employee, (So as a written record is kept.) or is it OK to verbally give the times to a person and hope they get it correct.

View more questions Search