Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    br0mista Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 6, 2015, 11:08 AM
    Missing kitten
    I have to mother cats and seven kittens, they have their own room. One day one of those kittens went missing and its too young to go on its own. He is about a month old. And I found few drops of blood on the floor. Is it possible that he died and his mother took him away?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 6, 2015, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by br0mista View Post
    I have to mother cats and seven kittens, they have their own room. One day one of those kittens went missing and its too young to go on its own. He is about a month old. And I found few drops of blood on the floor. Is it possible that he died and his mother took him away?
    It is possible that the mother cat founding the kitten and hid it somewhere if it was dead. If the kitten was four weeks old, then it was perfectly able to go somewhere on its own.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 6, 2015, 03:42 PM
    Some cats will eat a sick kitten, to protect the others. At 4 weeks of age that's unlikely though.

More likely that the kitten died and the mother took it away to hide it. You'll likely find it once you smell it. Sad but true.

So sorry this happened.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My siamese kitten is 5 month old she has been missing for 5 days will she come back [ 3 Answers ]

My kitten has been going out regulary for the past month and has always come back home. She went missing 5 days ago has anyone got any ideas if she will come back. Thank you

Male cat acting kitten to male kitten after bringing kitten home neutered. [ 1 Answers ]

I have three cats, Microchip, Monk and Minx. Microchip and Minx are 1+ years old and fixed. Monk is about 6 months old. All of our cats used to get along well. They'd sleep all huddled together. The two males were very close. Micro would groom Monk, play with him, and was inseparable. We took Monk...

My Older Kitten hates my new Young Kitten. [ 14 Answers ]

Hello Everyone, Im hoping someone can help me. I have a 5month old kitten at home who is usually very affectionate and loving (also spayed) Yesterday I rescued a 9 week old kitten so my eldest would have some company when I'm out at work. I knew they wouldn't get on great at first but my...

Missing male kitten [ 4 Answers ]

My 6 month old male kitten, Pepper, has just started into heat and has gone missing. It is very cold here in the country. With lots of hiding places, I wondered how I may go about finding him and if there is a possibility that he will find his own way home?

View more questions Search