Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maggerz Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2015, 11:56 PM
    Trying to Think of a Classic Film
    It was filmed anywhere between the very late 40's to the late 50's, possibly very early 60's (but I don't think so). It's based around about 5 women, somewhat high in society, one of whom is a singer/actress (I though she was played by Rosemary Clooney, but I think I'm wrong) and she's battling with the fact that she's no longer a young starlet. Her marriage is also failing, and he has a gold-digging girlfriend on the side. The gold-digger (I thought she was played by Elizabeth Taylor, but I think I'm wrong about that, too) also has a few other men on the side. I remember in the end, the gold-digger is confronted by the other women, they call her out, and they they kill the idea in her head that the husband is going to leave his wife for her. I wish I could think of anything else, but I can't. I ask because I can't think of the musical number performed by the singer in the latter half of the film.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

May 6, 2015, 09:20 AM
    You know -it's not an exact match, but my first thought was this:
    All About Eve - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

May 7, 2015, 09:49 PM
    No, but thanks. I keep thinking "The Women", but I know the one I'm trying to think of is in color.
    aliseaodo Posts: 1,671, Reputation: 259
    Movie Expert

May 8, 2015, 09:51 AM
    Hmmm... there is a made for TV movie called 'Applause', came out in 1973 - it's a version of the broadway musical of the same name, based off All About Eve (I'm still stuck on that!) You mentioned youre looking for a musical number that was in the film, this movie, being based off a musical, might be it... ) I could only find someone's taping of the TV broadcast on you tube (like someone actually videotaped the TV while it was playing the show, maybe it will ring a bell?)Applause (TV Movie 1973) - IMDbhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPdyohUhieE

May 10, 2015, 10:13 PM
    That's not it either, but thank you.
    jenniesmith019 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2015, 01:31 AM
    Hmmm... there is a made for TV movie called 'Applause'

Jul 17, 2018, 01:40 AM
    It was “The Opposite Sex”. I mistook Joan Collins for Elizabeth Taylor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What movie is the guy loves to film video and accidentally film her girlfriend and be [ 0 Answers ]

It is a 2000 - 2005 movie. The guy loves to take a video and in the 1st part of the movie he caught her girlfriend having sex with his best friend.

Trying to find the title of a film made not too long ago. British film I believe. [ 1 Answers ]

It is about some kids/teens who live underground, I believe, and are for the most part isolated to their rooms, which consist of a bed and a big TV where they can gain points for watching certain programs. They can also gain points by exercising on their stationary bicycles where they must also...

Would like to discuss Russian Film Director & Film Theorist Sergei Eisenstein [ 0 Answers ]

Can some one help explain Eisenstein's term of "Unexpected"? I have this much so far: Eisenstein came up with the "Unexpected" after seeing a troupe of Kabuki actors. The "Unexpected" is the combining of different elements: sound, costume, voice, space, and movement, to create a diverse...

Classic B & W - film noir - suspense type 40's / 50's movie [ 0 Answers ]

"Want to know the name of a movie. 1940's-50's i think- maybe a Hitchcock movie. About a couple- husband working in financila business- embezzles huge sums. Eventually they want a new crime free life with their wealth. The day they plan to leave the husband brings the car to the back door loads up...

True film about wife kills husband,daughter takes blame think its 80's film [ 1 Answers ]

Mother kills her husband at start of the film and gets her teenage daughter to take the blame its based on a true story I think its late 80's and very early 90's, anyone know what you call it ?

View more questions Search