Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    flickmorg23 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

May 5, 2015, 10:05 PM
    What are these tiny red dots on my ankles?
    I have a couple tiny "chicken pox" sized red raised dots on both of my ankles and one more always seems to appear when I wake up in the morning. They're very small and you have to look really close to see the dot. And no, they're not chicken pox, I've had those already. They're very itchy and swell up when I start to itch them more. I tried squeezing them because I thought they were pimples, but it just burned. I wasn't sure if they were bed bugs, spider bites or what? But I'm concerned. They itch like mosquito bites. Can someone please explain to me what's going on or have any idea what this might be?

Thanks,

Morgan
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 6, 2015, 08:15 AM
    Speaking as someone whose skin is always up to no good, I'll just say for now 'probably nothing.' I've had countless such itchy red spots. I keep a tube of OTC cortisone cream handy, and it works.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

May 6, 2015, 11:09 AM
    Bed bugs usually have a 3 dot mark. Can you post a picture? Here is an example.

flickmorg23 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

May 6, 2015, 11:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    Bed bugs usually have a 3 dot mark. Can you post a picture? Here is an example.

I don't have a 3 dot mark, but those look EXACTLY like mine. They're more spread out. I have one on the front of my ankle, one on the back that's new from this morning and itches like crazy, and I have one on my right left side of my ankle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tiny red dots [ 3 Answers ]

I woke up with tiny red dots on my arms and legs(tiny bites) I went to see the doctor and she gave me an antibacterial cream although it helped I kept getting more tiny red dots. While changing the bed (and I am a clean person) I decided to spray the mattress with a Raid bedbug product to be on the...

Tiny red dots on arms and hands [ 1 Answers ]

I was in ballet class yesterday and we were doing a series of turns with our arms to the side (usually, for these turns, the arms are in front of us, like we're holding a giant beach ball). At the end of the sequence, I noticed that my hands and lower arms were a bit itchy (similar to prickly...

Tiny red dots on my leg. [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I realized just a second ago that on my right leg I have 3 or 4 very very small red dots. They are spread far apart from each other, wich makes me think it might just be a very small broken blood vessel, but I also think that it might be a bug bite. Does anybody know what this could be?...

View more questions Search