Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AshleySand Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2015, 05:45 PM
    Sales returns and allowances is credited for the selling price, including sales tax,
    Sales returns and allowances is credited for the selling price, including sales tax, of any merchandise returned by customers?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

May 5, 2015, 05:49 PM
    That homework and we don't do your assignments for you. Give us what you thing the answer is and why. And we will give you our opinion and guidance.
    AshleySand Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2015, 05:52 PM
    Its not homework. I was asking a question because I didn't know it..
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

May 6, 2015, 11:16 AM
    The answer is yes, also you will have to increase your merchandise inventory for the cost of the merchandise (purchase price paid by the company) and decrease your cost of goods sold accounts for the same amount if the merchandise can be resold. Otherwise you will have to transfer the amount of what the company paid to purchase the items to whatever account you use for damaged merchandise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The impact of credit card sales, sales discounts, and sales returns on net sales [ 1 Answers ]

Total gross sales for the period include the following: Credit card sales (discount 3%) $ 9,400 Sales on account (2/15, n/60) $ 10,500 Sales returns related to sales on account were $500. All returns were made before payment. One-half of the remaining sales on...

Recording purchases/sales returns and allowances [ 1 Answers ]

Where do I record sales/purchases returns and allowances on an inventory stock card- under purchases or cost of sale?

Sales returns and allowances [ 1 Answers ]

What is a debit to sales returns and allowances and a credit to accounts receivable?

View more questions Search