Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trust246 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2015, 01:01 PM
    Need help with solving accounting problems
    equipment was purchased for 20,000, residual value is 2,000 and it is expected that the useful life is 10 years. What is the amount in the Accumulated Depreciation account after 3 years assuming straight-line depreciation?
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 11, 2015, 06:18 PM
    these calculations are simple
    depreciable value = cost less residual
    depreciation rate = 1/10
    WDV after 3 years = depreciable value less depreciable value times 3/10

what you need is to attempt the problem
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

May 12, 2015, 06:54 AM
    Simply take your purchase price less your residual value to get your depreciable base. Now take your depreciable base and divide it by the useful life to get your depreciation per year. Finally take your depreciation per year times your number of years to get your total accumulated depreciation. This is for straight-line depreciation method only!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need help with solving accounting problems [ 1 Answers ]

On May 1, 2010, ACME Bank agreed to lend Bright Enterprises $110,000. To that effect, Bright signed a $110,000, 10-month, 11% note. Bright Enterprises has a year-end of December 31. Interest is payable at maturity. Prepare the journal entry for Bright Enterprises: a) On the date the note was...

Need help with solving accounting problems [ 1 Answers ]

A local advertising company sells advertising space for $260 each. The company sold 800 units on May 1, 2012, and each one is valid for 4 months. Required: Write the entry for: a) The sale of the advertising space b) The entry to be recorded on July 31, the company's year end May1 to...

Help solving accounting problems? [ 3 Answers ]

These expenditures were incurred by Sanler Company in purchasing land: cash price $56,132; accrued taxes $6,772; attorney's fees $2,111; real estate broker's commission $2,897; and clearing and grading $4,271. What is the cost of the land?

Accounting solving [ 2 Answers ]

betty sullivan decided to open betty's dog grooming center. Betty completed the following transaction a) invested $ 19,000 cash from her personal bank account into the business b) bought equipment for cash $ 3,000 c) bought additional equipment on account, $2,000 d) paid #300 cash to...

Solving this Accounting homework. [ 1 Answers ]

I HAVE TRIED BUT I CAN'T GET IT RIGHT! :( THIS IS THE EXACT PROBLEM I HAVE TO SOLVE, I COPIED EXACTLY WHAT THE BOOK IS GIVING ME! The trial balance of the Sterling Company shown below does not balance. Sterling Company Trial Balance May 31, 2010

View more questions Search