Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Esanders323 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2015, 12:08 PM
    Countertop
    A few months ago someone put a hot cup on my countertop and it left a white ring. I've tried to use different products to get it out, but nothing has worked. It doesn't look too bad, but the countertops are brand new! Any way I can fix it?

Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 5, 2015, 12:14 PM
    What's the countertop made of?
    Esanders323 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2015, 12:27 PM
    I'm honestly not too sure. It's nothing too nice. A friend said it might be formica, but I'm not sure.Thanks!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

May 5, 2015, 12:45 PM
    We have long-time members here who will give you better advice on this than I can. Please sit tight. Someone will respond sometime today, or I'll PM a few and ask them to look at your question.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 5, 2015, 03:23 PM
    You can try white vinegar and baking soda. However, it the cup were really hot this could be a partial melting rather than a stain.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

May 5, 2015, 04:52 PM
    I used to work in a countertop shop and saw things like this. Usually, if you're talking about a hot object, this is a discoloration of the material and not an actual stain as was mentioned right before my comment. If it's a discoloration then it cannot be removed with simple cleaning techniques. Something like this would need a professional to take care of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wood countertop [ 11 Answers ]

Hello, does one need a layer of plywood on kitchen cabinets before putting a wood countertop as it is done for stone c/tops? Or, in other words, is plywood underneath stone c/top used for strength or for other purposes? Thanks, h.

Kitchen countertop [ 8 Answers ]

Can I put ceramic tile over a formed formica counter top

New laminate countertop [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new countertop to be installed and am wondering, what's the best tool to use to cut the hole for the sink? I do not want to risk cracking or chipping the laminate.

Concrete Countertop [ 2 Answers ]

We are NOT experienced enough to make a real concrete countertop. I was wondering if I could put Wonderboard on the existing countertop, use wood to make an edge all around, and then use about 1/2" of concrete over the top to make a "concrete" countertop. Would the concrete tend to crack? Would...

Bathroom Countertop [ 1 Answers ]

I like the look of both granite and cultured marble with a 'granite' look. The marble has the one piece with the sink included. The granite would have a separate porcelin sink. What is the better way to go?

View more questions Search