Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cathyfrye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2015, 07:38 AM
    Dishwasher
    My dishwasher smells like rotten eggs when it runs.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 5, 2015, 09:05 AM
    Are you certain your shower, sink any hot water fixture doesn't have the same smell? Try running only hot water in the sink, put your face down into the sink, let me know if you smell rotten eggs. This smell is often caused by bacteria in your water heater. If that is your case a new sacrifial anode rod might be needed alomg with a bleach treatment to the heater.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2015, 12:21 PM
    You have sulfur dioxide gas dissolved in your water which is more noticeable when your dishwasher is spraying hot water to clean your dishes, plus, as the previous write said, you could have a dirty water heater or holding tank somewhere. (See: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ter_heater.pdf )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

KitchenAid dishwasher Wash arm won't come loose, noisy dishwasher [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to figure out why my Kitchenaid Dishwasher, model KUDP01LBS3, is so noisy. It's just out of 10 year warranty. I tried to remove the retainer which holds the lower arm, and it won't unscrew. It just keeps turning. Is there something else I should be doing? The basic problem is that...

Need help with my dishwasher [ 0 Answers ]

The normal wash button keeps flashing and it does not runthru a wash cycle

Dishwasher caused sink next to it to fill with water and also dishwasher won't drain [ 2 Answers ]

I think my title says it all... I ran the dishwasher and the sink next to it (which happens to be side connected to the garbage disposal) filled up with water. The dishwasher also leaked at the end because the water overflowed onto the floor... dishwasher did not drain itself. I emptied the...

Dishwasher down [ 2 Answers ]

I turned off the breaker that goes to my kitchen in an attempt to fix an issue with a light and when I turned it back on my dishwasher was off and I can't get it to "re-boot". No lights, no response to trying to re-start, nothing.

View more questions Search