Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kimarie1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2015, 06:58 AM
    How do I get rid of sewer flies?
    How do I get rid of the colony of sewer flies in my yard and coming from around the septic area?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 5, 2015, 09:00 AM
    If you have sewer flies in your yard above your septic field there is a very strong chance your field is failing. How long since your tank has been pumped?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drain Flies/Sewer Flies [ 24 Answers ]

We moved into this house almost 1 yr ago. At first I didn't notice the flies. We have a shower stall in our bathroom that is in our room. We noticed a leak and stopped using it. Someone mentioned that I should still pour water down the drain, is this true? Our sump pump is in the basement next...

Sewer flies [ 2 Answers ]

I have sewer flies in my crawl. They are getting into my house.I had rotor rooter come and put a camera through my sewer line.They saw no breaks,but still believe they are getting into my crawl through a crack in the line. They want to break up the concrete and replace the sewer line at app...

Need help with getting rid of drain or sewer flies [ 9 Answers ]

For the last few years when the temp reaches 85-90 I get a house full for drain flies. They are in multitudes in the septic tank because I have removed the cap to allow them to escape into the air hoping that will reduce the number wanting to come into the house. I have plugged or taped over every...

How long do sewer flies live in a house where the sewer line has been replaced [ 1 Answers ]

I just had the whole sewer line replaced about 5 weeks ago. We had the camera test done and discovered that the whole line was cracked and opened. We noticed drain flies and gnats all over the house. I am still seeing flies and gnats now that the work is completed. My plumber said that it could...

How do you get rid of sewer flies? [ 0 Answers ]

I have these little black flies in my sump pump tank and main drain in the laundry room. I have clean both with drain cleaner until water is clear. But they keep coming back is there a better way of getting rid of these pest?

View more questions Search