Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kathidavis41 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 2, 2015, 09:45 PM
    Annual Unit Sales Volume??
    I am to determine the annual unit sales volume at which Martinez Company would be indifferent between either the Capital-Intensive or Labor-Intensive method.

I have calculated the break even point as being 156,750 units if they chose the capital and 113,926 for the labor. I then found the contribution ratio and divided it into the fixed costs to get $4,702,500.03 and $3,417,777.78 respectfully. Is this the annual unit sales volume? If not how do I find it? The question never tells me how many items were sold. I only know the variable costs and the fixed manufacturing costs. The unit sale price is $30 regardless of which method is chosen and the selling expense is $502,000 plus $2 per unit sold.

I am stuck. I do not know where to go from here. Please help.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2015, 02:37 AM
    the methodology will give you breakeven(Required volume) for each scenario so at a constant selling price you should be able to determine the point of indifference which is where profit is equal. Calculate the contribution margin which is selling price less variable expenses and you should be able to find the answer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you figure out annual unit sales volume? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been searching for a formula to determine the annual unit sales volume at which it would be indifferent between two manufacturing methods and have been unsuccessful.

Determine the annual unit sales volume at which Martinez Company would be indifferent [ 1 Answers ]

Direct material $5 per unit(capital intensive) Direct material $5.50 per unit (labor intensive) Direct labor $6 per unit (capital intensive) Direct material $8.00 per unit(labor intensive) Variable overhead $3 per unit (capital intensive) Variable overhead $4.50 per unit (labor expense)...

How can I calculate annual sales? [ 0 Answers ]

What steps do I take to find the Annual Sales figure for a company considering a new product? I have Calculated sales as is before the new products introduction, but cannot seem to find the correct answer. Could someone help me with the steps I should take? If you need a example, please reference...

Annual sales [ 3 Answers ]

How to calculate annual sales?:)

View more questions Search