Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Barnes66 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2015, 08:29 AM
    Why is my co worker ignoring me when I say hi..
    1 year ago I pointed that this co worker had put on so much weight in front of other 2 workers.I don't know why I said that as I just say what's on my mind.I wasn't trying to be hurtful. I didn't think much of it until she told me that she was very hurt by it. I apologized and she seemed fine around me afterwards but she wasn't as friendly and warm as before the incident

Now a yea later,I say hi to her whenever I see her but she now ignores me and avoids me. It because of the comments I had said before?That was a year ago and she had lost the weight again
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2015, 09:02 AM
    Some people can hold a grudge longer than others... this one apparently is one of them.

Just say hi and let it go, if and when she comes around it will be on her schedule. All you can do until then is be cordial.

As you now know....there are some things you just do not say to anyone but close friends....and certainly not in front of others. Learn from this mistake. Many women will take such a thing VERY personally.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

May 1, 2015, 03:59 AM
    Perhaps because you DO tend to say what's on your mind, in general. Since it doesn't sound like you had been friends in the first place, just let it go. She probably just decided that she doesn't like you - nothing 'wrong' with that. Accepting an apology is the polite thing to do; it doesn't mean it's forgotten.

This isn't an issue of what you had said. It's an issue of the right of anyone to be friendly or not, as they wish.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is she ignoring me? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok well this is a long story but bare with me. So there is this girl, let's call her L and she is like my best friend I mean she is almost like one of the boys. But she was going out with one of my best mates who I've been friends with for longer than her, and he went abroad to do some work for 6...

Why she is ignoring me ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I'm married man man working in company and I know this married women since past 1 year. I'm giving her lift in my car and we are friends. I said in the past that I like her and she is OK with that. But since there are mixed signals and signs which are confused me. I avoid her in office ...

Soc Worker argued with my boyfriend, he filed complaint, Worker now says he is unsafe [ 1 Answers ]

DCFS Worker is accusing my boyfriend of being abuse and threatening to take action about 'the children's situation' because the Worker herself started an argument with him and he argued back. The very idea of abuse is absurd. DCFS removed my Ex's visitation rights this summer. I am the...

Setting up care worker or support worker agency [ 5 Answers ]

I will like to know the requirements for setting up care worker or support worker agency. Thanks

Is he ignoring me? [ 15 Answers ]

A few months back I started seeing someone occasionally. This person sent me many emails suggesting to have a "fling". But the condition was that this person not "hate" me once we were done and that we remain the friends we were. The person agreed. Now that it's over, this person seems to be...

View more questions Search