What happens when you leave stuff in an apartment when things God bad
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 27, 2015, 03:50 PM
    Please give more details.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Apr 27, 2015, 06:47 PM
    Did the apartment flood? Did it burn down? Did Ninja's attack and take over?

You really need to add more to this if you want accurate answers. Making us guess at the situation is not going to get you the right answers and will just be a waste of time.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 27, 2015, 07:44 PM
    Don't worry, the landlord will let you know about whatever mess you left for him!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 27, 2015, 11:30 PM
    You can expect it to be disposed of, after a period (depending on area) if you do not get it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 28, 2015, 05:18 AM
    Any question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area. Most areas have rules for abandonment of property. Generally the landlord has to make some effort to find you and arrange for you to pick up your belongings. But as long as they follow local laws, they can declare property abandoned and either confiscate or dispose of the property.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 28, 2015, 07:02 AM
    Local abandonment laws are generally 30, 60, or 90 days.
    However, a few places in CA, for instance, have other laws that prevent landlords from disposing of possessions (some have to put in storage and pay for one month, for instance), and again, you have to check with the city or town.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2015, 06:19 PM
    Expect someone to put it in paid storage YOU will have to pay for... or have it end up at goodwill.

If it was left in a place I owned or rented that's what would happen... as soon as I could legally get rid of it.

You wouldn't however be entitled to indefinite free storage.

Someone who didn't know any of that might toss it in the dumpster a lot sooner. Then good luck getting it back or any of its value.

Best thing is to NOT leave it behind

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Do ghost take your belongings? [ 3 Answers ]

I got hurt awhile back and was perscribed pain pills. They started coming up missing no one in my house takes them. I have started putting them in several different places, I mean I was actually hiding them! I even put them in my purse in a small zip up bag... still missing!I have seen something...

Personal belongings [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I live in Hamilton Ontario and my roommate kicked me out... I am not on the lease but had mail going to that address... She's telling me I can not have my items unless I pay her $500 which I believe is extortion... What do I do :(

PA position-Need excuse for leaving job- Job started in June 08-leaving for Europe in [ 2 Answers ]

Leave my job as PA probably returning to job after I come back from my trip to Greece. After graduation I was looking for a job. After two months my best friend she found for me a job as a Personal Assistant. My boss ( an writer who works at home) during the interview told me that he was...

Ex will not take her belongings [ 5 Answers ]

I ended my 1 1/2 year relationship at end of November. My ex and I had been living together for 1 year. She has yet to move any of her belongings (t.v's, beds, sofas, clothes etc.) or take her 2 dogs and rabbit. Says she "can't find a suitable place to live" and doesn't want to have to "move her...

Question about Belongings... [ 2 Answers ]

I signed a 6-month lease on January 1, 2006. The person I was rooming with had lived in the house already for a year. He had the only copy of the lease. When I paid rent, I gave him cash (I did not get receipts because he was a friend) and bills were the same way. After the lease was to be up on...

View more questions Search