Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    br0mista Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2015, 04:08 PM
    3 week old kitten, derpy eye
    Two of my kittens had an eye infection recently and its been treated. Their eyes are bright and wide but one of them has a derpy eye. I looked for other symptoms like tearing, scraching and sneezing But there isn't any, its just that eye and its not swollen at all. What should I do? Is it normal?
    Ps: there isnt any discharge just wrong title.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 26, 2015, 05:58 AM
    What do you mean a derpy eye ? If there is no sneezing along with the eye infection (which would be ) then I would suspect distemper. Usually eye infections in kittens signify distemper.

When you say the kittens have been treated, do you mean treated by a vet ?

No, it isn't normal but as long as you are bathing their eyes in warm water, cleaning, then I think you are okay but if you want a proper opinion, visit a vet with the kittens. There are no vets on this site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is my 1 week old kitten have pus coming out from its eye? [ 7 Answers ]

Someone abandoned 7 kittens in a box right in front of my house, so I took them in and have been feeding them for one week already. On day 4, one of them have bloody stools and the rest was fine. However I brought all of them to the vet. The vet said that there's nothing he can do, because they...

Kitten eye infection [ 0 Answers ]

I have 3weeks kitten he has eye problem something's like yellow infection come out of his eyes I can't go to vet because I live in a small city in iran and there is no vet can any one help to treat him at home?

My kitten and his eye [ 1 Answers ]

I found a stray kitten outside so I brought him in my house everything was OK with him until I brought my other cat who goes outside back in the house ever since I let my cat go outside white lids show up from the bottom of his eyes but now there OK. But now the kittens one eye is shut tight at...

7 week kitten with red and swollen eye [ 1 Answers ]

My 7week old kitten has an eye that is swollen red and has discharge we are going to take him to the vet he also keeps sneezing I feel so bad for him it's so sad I can't even wait two days to take him to the vet I'm worried about him

Kitten has an eye discharge [ 2 Answers ]

My 7 week old kitten is having an eye discharge that is leaving a greasy build up on her face. What can I do at home to clear this up?

View more questions Search