Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsilvanu Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2015, 03:45 PM
    Wine Glass with Folded Rim
    This wine glass has a thick stem and a folded rim. What is its purpose? Is it a flaw or some sale gimmick/promotion?

I am aware of folded foot of wine glasses but folded rim? It weighs 270.9g. Is it 18th century glass or a current one? There are no visible markings anywhere.

Attached some images for some answers!
    Attached Images

Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Apr 25, 2015, 12:41 AM
    That has been designed for easy pouring, similar to a jug.
    Looks more like a modern design, possibly for kitchen use.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 25, 2015, 07:11 AM
    I use that style to mix martinis and strain the ice out when pouring. Usually see them with a glass mixer wiith a bulbous end.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I drank a glass of wine last night. [ 4 Answers ]

Will my EtG be positive today at 2:00 pm?

EtG test with one glass of wine [ 1 Answers ]

If I drank one glass of wine on Sunday night around 9:00 and had a EtG test on Tuesday at 3:30 will I pass? I weigh 160 I'm 6, 2" and have a fast metabolism.

1 glass of wine on EtG test [ 0 Answers ]

I drank 3/4 glass of wine on Monday at 3pm and I have an ETG drug screen at 3pm Thursday. I work out a lot, run and drink lots of water. I am 33yrs, female, 5'6'' and weigh 122lbs. I do not drink alcohol on a regular basis. In fact, I may have 1 alcoholic beverage 2-3 times a year. Do you...

If you are taking metformin and would like to have a glass of wine, how soon before d [ 1 Answers ]

If you are taking metformin and want to have a glass of wine, how soon before do you need to stop taking metformin so you don't suffer any side effect?

View more questions Search