Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharmaneha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2015, 01:44 AM
    Redness of hypertrophic scar
    I have a red scar on my neck as a result of z plasty undergone 6 years back. Earlier the scar was raised and red in colour. But now only redness is left. I have tried lot of treatment but redness still persist
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 24, 2015, 03:50 AM
    Many people have skin that just doesn't handle scars. I'm one. Even the little bumps from stitches stay for years.
    We don't know what 'treatments' you used. I for one wouldn't use any. Maybe aloe cream once in a while, maybe a very occasional cortisone cream. But mostly fresh air, away from tight or rubbing clothing, kept clean and dry.
    I do hope you kept it out of the sun. That could be your main problem.
    But we also don't know your general health, and that could be another big factor.

In other words, see a doctor for this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Redness [ 2 Answers ]

I just noticed big dark red patches inside my mouth on the wall of the cheek?! What is it? I'm 37 female , and there is sure feeling with no pain..

When the scar peels off after using contratubex ,does it mean the scar is healing? [ 0 Answers ]

I have been using contratubex cream on an old scar for almost one year. The scar just peels off.. does this show that the scar is healing?

Can you cover a surgical scar with flesh tone color to hide the scar [ 2 Answers ]

I just want to get a large scar on my arm and I just want to hide it as much as I can. Can I get a tattoo that would just cove the scar and look like my skin color?

Should I remove a Keloid scar (piercing scar tissue)? [ 4 Answers ]

I had a navel piercing a year ago. Unfortunately, it somehow got inflamed and removed itself out of the skin; hence, created a scar which I believe is called the Keloid scar. I had once stopped by the piercing place to ask for professional suggestion of whether not I could be able to re-pierce it,...

Hypertrophic scarring [ 1 Answers ]

I've had my tragus pierced two weeks now and I have what I believe to be a hypertrophic scar on it. It's just a small reddish lump on my piercing and isn't seeping or anything like that, so I don't think it's infected. Also, it didn't hurt so I've slept on it, which, looking back, may be my...

View more questions Search