Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lauryncolby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2015, 06:54 PM
    Boyfriend in a Coma
    My boyfriend is in a coma and he is 5,ooo miles away. He is in college his friends are there with him but my parents won't let me go and see him. His friend keeps me updated. I am scared and worry I keep on praying that when I go to sleep and when I wake up I hope that I have a miss call or text message that's from him. I go in my room and cry no one in my family will let me go and see him. I have no support from my family at all. I don't know what to do.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 23, 2015, 07:04 PM
    All you can do is staying contact with his friend.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Apr 23, 2015, 07:26 PM
    How old are you? DO you have any idea what the costs are to travel and to stay for what would be an unknown length of time... who would be paying for this? All very important aspects to consider.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Apr 24, 2015, 05:43 AM
    Just in case, please tell us how well you know your 'boyfriend?' Have you ever been together in person?
    These days, too many young people call each other boyfriend/girlfriend after meeting online only.
    And too often, they fall victim to scams or just plain old lies.
    Just being protective (he could even be afraid to tell you he has a new girlfriend, so his friends are lying to you).
    I would get facts from his PARENTS only!!

If he is your real live in person boyfriend, my apologies. You could be there for months. Even years. Where would you stay? Aren't you in school too? Talk to him (in your head, or even out loud) as you go about your day. Keep a diary and a scrapbook. Don't let your life grind to a boring halt. You don't know yet what the future holds for him.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 24, 2015, 07:10 AM
    You don't have to be there in person to pray for his recovery.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 24, 2015, 07:14 AM
    If he is in a coma, he will be in ICU. His visitors will be limited to immediate family on a strict visitation schedule. You are best served staying home and keeping in contact.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend is in a coma because he got hit by a car what can I do [ 17 Answers ]

It's late at night right now and I found out my boyfriend was in a coma just yesterday when I got the message I broke done crying. I knew he had got hit by a car because he told me when he was in the hospital the first day he was OK then nothing was wrong only with injuries the doctor said he would...

Is there a way to tell if a patient will for sure get out of a coma? [ 31 Answers ]

I have a loved one in a coma and well I've herd some things about it but I want to know if there is away to tell if they will make it out okay and/or how long it could potentially take

How do I deal with my boyfriend being in a coma, not knowing if he will ever wake up? [ 10 Answers ]

My boyfriend went into a coma 9 days ago, nobody is really telling me everything.. they just said he had a lack of oxygen. He lives 900 miles away and I'm only 17 but I bought a plane ticket anyway, just so I can go see him.. All I do right now is stay in my room and cry.. I still text his phone (I...

Hamster in a coma. [ 4 Answers ]

We think my little sister's hamster is in a coma. He hasn't been looking very well, and today when I got back from college, he was lying on his back, and at first I thought he was dead. Upon closer inspection, I found that he was breathing, and occasionally, he moves his paws. We don't know what is...

View more questions Search