Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    u009574 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2015, 08:25 AM
    Interest paid
    Debbie Mc Adams paid 8% interest on a $12,500 loan balance. Jan Burke paid $5,000 interest on a $62,500 loan. Based on 1 year: (what was the amount of interest paid. What was the interest rate paid by Jan?
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Apr 23, 2015, 08:29 AM
    Please show your work or explain where you are having issues so we can give you help in solving the problem.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Apr 23, 2015, 12:42 PM
    First you have to know the interest formula, which is: Principal * Rate * Time = Interest. Since you already know 3 amounts simply rearrange your formula to solve for the unknown amount.

So Rate = Interest / (Principal * Time)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to enter interest paid in journal entry [ 2 Answers ]

Tyring to journal interest paid on bonds issued. I think I debit the bond interest paid, but then do I credit cash? For example, on 12/31, I have debit of Bond Interest Expense and a credit of Bond Interest Payable. If the interest is paid on 1/1, how do I journal the entry? I am thinking a Bond...

Interest paid on bonds. [ 2 Answers ]

Oak Tree Corporation issued 500, 7%, 8 year bonds at 102 on 1/1/07. Interest is paid semi-annually. What is the total cost of borrowing for the bonds? What are the steps to this problem? I thought I'd multiply the 500 by 1,000, because my teacher makes all bonds 1,000. Then I multiply 7% and...

Annual interest paid on a bond. [ 2 Answers ]

The annual interest paid on a bond is equal to the face value of the bond: A) multiplied by the stated annual interest rate B) minus the stated annual interest rate C) plus the stated annual interest rate D) divided by the stated annual interest rate E) none of the above Please help...

Refund for mortgage interest paid [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a way to estimate how much of a refund I will get for overpayment of mortgage interest?

How to enter interest paid in journal entry [ 1 Answers ]

Tyring to journal interest paid on bonds issued. I think I debit the bond interest paid, but then do I credit cash? For example, on 12/31, I have debit of Bond Interest Expense and a credit of Bond Interest Payable. If the interest is paid on 1/1, how do I journal the entry? I am thinking a Bond...

View more questions Search