Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 25, 2015, 05:48 AM
    I don't think you are greedy at all, just unfamiliar with the process. You have made a few mistakes from moving the car, to expecting replacement value. You original question is,

Do insurance companys sue individuals?
    Of course they do, all the time to recoup losses over any payouts, but then you went this way,

We decided to just collect on my collision policy since it doesn't seem that they can investigate this very quickly. They were still investigating Tuesday. I would like to sue the kid for my deductible. I was wondering if my insurance company would do that for me? They said at the beginning before any investigating started that, they would reimburse my $1000 when they collected if I went with my own policy.
    That is entirely the domain of the insurance company and that could be well down the line, months or years, depending on the courts and who is sued. So you may as well relax and let them do what they do, and stop expecting instant results, or quick firm answers. There are none and its less confusing that way, since no one, not even you can predict the outcome of this mess, or calculate all the costs because of it until its done, you have gotten a new vehicle, and a NEW insurance premium.

Accidents are traumatic life changing events and a big hassle, so just be glad to be alive and be patient with the process, and my only advice here is try not to worry, or act against your own interests because of it (like changing junk yards?? ), or mitigating the costs of the other parties actions. He did cause all of this and cannot get off scot free can he?

Wait until the final bill or settlement has been reached, then decide what's fair and what's NOT. Waiting is the hard part, nerve racking and confusing. Even a lawyer will tell you to wait and see. Just ask one if you really need to know.

My own experience has been it takes years for the dust to finally settle. And I doubt you can wait that long to get a new vehicle. Thats all that everyone else has been trying to tell you. Keep it real.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I sue a insurance co [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter was driving my suv she had a guy friend in my suv the boys girl friend saw them and started chasing them the boys girl friend tamed the back of my truck so my daughter speed up when she thought it was safe she pulled over to call911 when she did that the boys girl friend hits the back...

Do I have the right to sue both insurance company? [ 6 Answers ]

My kids was riding in a car with someone and another car had hit them I want to sue both insurance but the car my kids was in there insurance said I can't sue them is that right

Can insurance sue me? [ 4 Answers ]

My father passed recently. He deeded me our home (where he also lived) a few years ago, but never switched the insurance into my name. Before he passed, he had a new roof placed on the home. I was told if insurance finds out that "I" was the home-owner, they could ask for the money back for the...

Can someone's private insurance sue,after my insurance settled with rentals insurer? [ 3 Answers ]

I was in a accident in 2006 in California and I was at-fault. Woman at a red light turning right began to merge as she had plenty of time and space. She then stopped for some reason, as I began to attempt to merge looking over my left shoulder and saw a still safe opening I started to go and...

How can I sue the tobacco companys [ 8 Answers ]

I have been a smoker for about 18 years and I have copd I want the tobacco companys to pay

View more questions Search